• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectorz Software - Thoughts?

24 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

are there hidden fees? another post here on the boards complained that at several steps along the way, he was being charged more and more. is the $29.95 annual fee all that i will need to pay for the full version, so that i can upload my whole collection and have all the features i need to update, keep track, etc, like you have been discussing here? 

Yes, everything in NWOslave's post you will be able to do with either of the $29.95 options (either web based meaning your database is stored in the cloud or download meaning your database is stored on your computer). As was stated, you can get to your collection on your phone without paying for the app. I've always used the app myself and to me it's well worth the cost when visiting the LCS or shows.

Now the one thing that would be separate would be the recently added Go Collect add-in IF you want current values for your books. Go Collect is still providing that service; Collectorz simply made a connector to their database.

18 hours ago, techtre2003 said:

I think the only thing you lose is cloud sync. I've been using the desktop and iphone app for many years (lifetime license) and in all that time the only other purchase I've made was a one-month subscription so I would be able to download an update with a cosmetic feature I wanted. You can still add books, scrape all the info on them (including all new and upcoming books), and sync to your phone app.

I also purchased the programs years ago (back in 2012) before they went subscription, from what I can tell all the features still work using either the desktop and app versions (I'm still on 17.55 for the desktop) and I've not paid or subscribe to any of their other services.   They sync to the cloud is still working for me as far as I can tell.

Psy

On 4/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

are there hidden fees? another post here on the boards complained that at several steps along the way, he was being charged more and more. is the $29.95 annual fee all that i will need to pay for the full version, so that i can upload my whole collection and have all the features i need to update, keep track, etc, like you have been discussing here? 

i have never been charged more than what i initially paid for it. it was always a one time fee when it was time to re-up the yearly subscription. i have gone to paying for it month by month now at 2$ and i have never been charged more. i have never been prompted in the software to pay more for using a functionality of the software. i hope this helps. 

On 4/24/2020 at 9:36 AM, PsylockeSmythe said:

I also purchased the programs years ago (back in 2012) before they went subscription, from what I can tell all the features still work using either the desktop and app versions (I'm still on 17.55 for the desktop) and I've not paid or subscribe to any of their other services.   They sync to the cloud is still working for me as far as I can tell.

Psy

I think I bought this around the same time and still have a license, but never actually used the app.  I wonder if my license is still good.  I may have to try it some time.