• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in! PGM DD5

12 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2020 at 1:20 AM, crandmck said:

CGC gave it a 7.0, so I feel slightly lucky! :-)

Wow, I am very surprised to see that, I would have thought the staple tear and colour breaks along the spine would prevent that. Good to hear though. I would love to hear more details about the other books you sent in to get a better idea of how much CGC penalized whatever defects you may have assumed were not as major as they turned out to be.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:53 AM, William-James88 said:

I would love to hear more details about the other books you sent in to get a better idea of how much CGC penalized whatever defects you may have assumed were not as major as they turned out to be.

All the gory details are in this post... I am still surprised that the Conan and IM&SM#1 both got the same grade as the DD#5 because they both look a LOT nicer to me!

2 hours ago, crandmck said:

All the gory details are in this post... I am still surprised that the Conan and IM&SM#1 both got the same grade as the DD#5 because they both look a LOT nicer to me!

Right, I saw that later. I'm not surprised. CGC grades rough against staining (as they should) and thus a very nice book that is slightly stained can end up the same grade aa a book with more noticeable defects like your DD 8.