• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yearly Sale?
2 2

29 posts in this topic

Does Albert Moy ever have a yearly sale on his website?

Would really like to pick up a Jim Lee published page, but the ones I am looking at are a bit out of my comfort zone price wise - so just wondering if there may be an opportunity in the next little bit where he may have a sale. 

Edited by Chillax23

19 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Would really like to pick up a Jim Lee published page, but the ones I am looking at are a bit out of my comfort zone price wise - so just wondering if there may be an opportunity in the next little bit where he may have a sale. 

I don’t recall Albert ever having a sale.

13 minutes ago, vodou said:

The "sale" is always right now. Because if it doesn't sell, it'll be higher next year.

you think so? I watch pieces on Albert's site sit for years and price stays the same. We still haven't caught up to what I think is a good price, but in a few years maybe. (Mignola piece)

10 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

Sale? You mean like, a reduction of prices?? Albert???

47 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I purchased $10K worth of art from Albert at full price many years ago and I was able to negotiate free shipping to Canada.

thought I did well.

You totally got over on him!!!

1 hour ago, Chillax23 said:

Hahahahaha sounds like my dream of a modest discount on the listed prices is not gonna happen. 🤔

I think the sale you’re looking for is called time payments. 

because of the type of artists he reps, those prices usually catch up with themselves in a few years. 

Hohohoho...

Albert once gave me a 33% discount on an early Manara at a con -- C2E2.  Lower than the label, lower than the website price.  Was stoked and remain thankful.

Emboldened, I tried bargaining again in later dealings.  It was like a lemming running into a brick wall.

5 hours ago, Bird said:

you think so? I watch pieces on Albert's site sit for years and price stays the same. We still haven't caught up to what I think is a good price, but in a few years maybe. (Mignola piece)

No. It was a joke. His web site prices are firm forever. There's stuff on there at the same price it was in 2006. #truth

Whether those prices -even today- are close to market...well, probably not ;) as they are still unsold.

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Albert once gave me a 33% discount on an early Manara at a con -- C2E2.  Lower than the label, lower than the website price.  Was stoked and remain thankful.

That early Manara art, from Genius and Jolanda is really novelty junk. #truthtruth You did him the favor buying it at all. What people want in a Manara, what has made his name so valuable...none of that genius (yes, pun intended) is present in those early pre-1980s works. I'm not saying it's uncollectible, just that it's nearly so. $100 per. That's what I pay and I've gotten quite a lot for that and less.

5 minutes ago, vodou said:

No. It was a joke. His web site prices are firm forever. There's stuff on there at the same price it was in 2006. #truth

Whether those prices -even today- are close to market...well, probably not ;) as they are still unsold.

That early Manara art, from Genius and Jolanda is really novelty junk. #truthtruth You did him the favor buying it at all. What people want in a Manara, what has made his name so valuable...none of that genius (yes, pun intended) is present in those early pre-1980s works. I'm not saying it's uncollectible, just that it's nearly so. $100 per. That's what I pay and I've gotten quite a lot for that and less.

Of course -- he said so himself (not that I didn't know).  Price reflected the fact.  : )

2 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Of course -- he said so himself (not that I didn't know).  Price reflected the fact.  : )

Back in the late 1990s/early oughts, as the Euro was rolling out slowly country by country and under par with USD...early Manara complete books (well over 100 pages) were available for $500 or so. People have made a lot of money on these, it just won't be you or I ;)

1 minute ago, vodou said:

Back in the late 1990s/early oughts, as the Euro was rolling out slowly country by country and under par with USD...early Manara complete books (well over 100 pages) were available for $500 or so. People have made a lot of money on these, it just won't be you or I ;)

Smack center in my teenage years... $@-$!!@.  

7 hours ago, kbmcvay said:

I've negotiated with Albert many times online and in-person. He's always been receptive to my offers. I've been a customer of his for over 15 years. Zero complaints.

But that’s a direct negotiation, not a % off posted prices open for any offers, like Anthony does.  I have gotten price reductions as well—in direct negotiations.