• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yearly Sale?
2 2

29 posts in this topic

Some of the comments above mine make it seem like Albert's prices are 100% firm with no negotiation at all and that if you get free shipping on $10K of art you got a deal. That isn't the case in my experience. Also Albert has plenty of marked discount prices at the Cons I have attended some as deep as 25-30% so he does offer deals but you need to know what the price is on the website to understand that these discounts exist because he's not putting a 20% off post it note on there.

7 hours ago, kbmcvay said:

Some of the comments above mine make it seem like Albert's prices are 100% firm with no negotiation at all and that if you get free shipping on $10K of art you got a deal. That isn't the case in my experience. Also Albert has plenty of marked discount prices at the Cons I have attended some as deep as 25-30% so he does offer deals but you need to know what the price is on the website to understand that these discounts exist because he's not putting a 20% off post it note on there.

He will definitely negotiate. Even the Donnelly’s will negotiate. But, Albert does know the market and what is likely to have strong demand.

I think Albert while not outright sales is willing to do negotiating on some of his inventory. While never buying from him myself I do remember talking to him at a con and him agreeing to take a few hundred off a piece I was thinking about getting.

On 4/19/2020 at 6:00 PM, vodou said:

Back in the late 1990s/early oughts, as the Euro was rolling out slowly country by country and under par with USD...early Manara complete books (well over 100 pages) were available for $500 or so. People have made a lot of money on these, it just won't be you or I ;)

Was just doing some comps research for my CAF Live booth and noticed... early Manara been goin' up, to boot.  Win!  

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/milo-manara-genius-14-page-55-original-art-furio-viano-editore-1970-this/a/122006-13661.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Edited by exitmusicblue