• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked these up at a yard sale

42 posts in this topic

If you're for real about your post, and bought them as a collector not a flipper, AND they are all complete (BIG IF), then the crowd is being a bit too rough, though you're not retiring on it.

The Doc Savage #9 looks pretty decent, and Rangers #4 is Rangers #4. Buyers aren't lined up on street corners, but there are buyers for those. The America's Greatest #3 is a personal fave, so I may be a bit biased, but its a tough enough book with 21 on the census and a great Fawcett WWII cover.

You probably won't be doubling your money overnight, so I hope you're not a flipper. But you may one day get back out even plus lunch money for the week. 

I thought it was pretty cool for WWII era comics to show up on a yard sale site so sorry for the false alarm haha.  Got a kick out of the comments and did appreciate the input.  I did buy the books, no I'm not planning to retire on them but do hope to break even plus a little just for fun. 

BTW, did get a coverless More Fun Comics 75 in there too. 

To that point, how likely is it a cover would ever appear for something like this?

1 hour ago, eselrod said:

To that point, how likely is it a cover would ever appear for something like this?

Oh, pre-world war 2 comic covers are just all over the place...

Your best bet would be to find a replica.  There are a few sellers on eBay that deal in that.

2 hours ago, eselrod said:

I thought it was pretty cool for WWII era comics to show up on a yard sale site so sorry for the false alarm haha.  Got a kick out of the comments and did appreciate the input.  I did buy the books, no I'm not planning to retire on them but do hope to break even plus a little just for fun. 

Unlikely, but there is a thread called lets get married, might browse that for it.

13 hours ago, eselrod said:

Paid $1000, can I make it back?

2F04EBC2-03D1-4DF9-83B5-7DD8A4BB79A5.png

Don't believe that you picked these up for as little as 300 dollars.  People say what they want and collectors believe them.  Yeah, 300 bucks, right.  Whatever you say.

23 hours ago, eselrod said:

Not very likely, but not impossible.  I got a cover for my coverless All-American #15 on the boards here a few years ago. 

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

Nice find @Tri-ColorBrian!

I too happened upon a nice little garage sale in the middle of the COVID shutdown today.  Found this little piece of toilet paper for $1.  I hope it was worth it. 

18EDDAAE-8824-4571-A74D-CDED5BD7A504.jpeg

Well, it's only a 2.5 so you might have paid too much.  I would keep it for at least 5 years before trying to sell it for $2...

44 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I saw these at a garage sale yesterday.  The guy wanted $10, but I got him down to $5...:banana: did I do good?  I told him it was ten times the cover price on each...:whatthe:

=Planet65-4.0.jpg

=Liberty12-Bx7423.jpg

=Fantastic5-Bx7341.jpg

=MMys48-Bx7341.jpg

=MissFury2-Cookeville-Bx7341.jpg

You overpaid...

2 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I was afraid of that.  I should have had my price guide with me...but who takes one of those with you when you are just going to the store?  Oh well, I'll try to do better next time...:S

Tell you what; just to make you feel better, I'll give you ten bucks for them, so you can walk away knowing you made a profit...:flipbait:

1 minute ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

You would do that for me?  Gosh, I don't know what to say...:whee:

YOU may not know what to say, but I guarantee ya all the board sharks sure would!  :wink: