• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would YOU do this....
3 3

121 posts in this topic

Snagged a 9.4 graded Giant Sized X-men 1.   As exited as i am about finding out that it wasn't pressed and what will/can happen after pressing, the question is, would you add a chris claremont sig to this?  

I dont want to turn it into a debate of sig fans vs non sig fans...  I am strictly talking about the financial aspect of a long term investment.  I know he did nothing for the book but obviously he is as close to a mr x-men just like romita SR is mr. amazing spiderman.

Edited by god503

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

While its true Len Wein gets credit, Claremont did contribute to the ending. Then next issue #94 continues to take over and write with byrne and shape the X-Men as we know it.

Hope that helps.

I'm getting mine signed.

If Claremont made a contribution to the book then I will get it signed.  Just like Romita SR on Hulk 181  Im in.  Your the best ADAM

1 minute ago, god503 said:

If Claremont made a contribution to the book then I will get it signed.  Just like Romita SR on Hulk 181  Im in.  Your the best ADAM

Google "did Claremont contribute to the ending of giant size X-Men 1"

If anything his Sig on the book will help him get credit that he didn't get originally and get the word out there...

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If anything his Sig on the book will help him get credit that he didn't get originally and get the word out there...

I did.  cool story but your right no credit for the man

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know how credible this source is - but this is attributed to Claremont

Chris Claremont’s involvement in Giant Size X-Men #1

“Most of the story had already been mapped out, with the existing X-Men…trapped at the mercy of Krakoa, only Cyclops having escaped to lead a new, untested assemblage into battle to save his comrades. What didn’t exist yet, said Claremont, was ‘a way to get rid of Krakoa,’ which he supplied."

Just now, seanfingh said:

Yeah - he at least has a tenuous connection to the book.  I will amend my never in a million years to never in a hundred years.

maybe with inflation you could change it to months... lol

Just now, god503 said:

maybe with inflation you could change it to months... lol

Maybe - in all seriousness though, if you are looking for investment potential, I see Claremont as adding ZERO unless you can find someone who is buying for Registry points.  There are lots of copies with Len Wein and a lot with Stan as well.

it was a crona virus discount,  otherwise i wouldnt have dumped the stimulus check on it.  the fact that it was never pressed turned out to be a bonus.  Those other ones are too much for my blood

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

reading one of the articles...  I NEVER new X-men was cancelled for 6 years before this issue

1 minute ago, seanfingh said:

Maybe - in all seriousness though, if you are looking for investment potential, I see Claremont as adding ZERO unless you can find someone who is buying for Registry points.  There are lots of copies with Len Wein and a lot with Stan as well.

While  Claremont has very little involvement in GSX 1, I doubt most people would be Xmen fans if it was for his writing from 94-  143 & up! 

so maybe someone might want his sig because  he is Mr Xmen?! 

sorta like when I see Stan Lee sigs on a book he had nothing or very little to do with....people still seem to want the SL sig...

Just now, comics4all said:

While  Claremont has very little involvement in GSX 1, I doubt most people would be Xmen fans if it was for his writing from 94-  143 & up! 

sorta like when I see Stan Lee sigs on a book he had nothing or very little to do with....people still seem to want the SL sig...

This I agree with.  My first books were Amazing spider mans.  Post romita SR, but I would add him to all my ASM books

Just now, comics4all said:

That is definitely possible - but I was pretty vocal about not getting Stan's sig on books that he didn't work on as well. So hopefully you can mark me up some points for consistency.