• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would YOU do this....
3 3

121 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree with your sentiment completely and often rag on books that, although are keys, are signed by Stan Lee,  but that I still own IH180, 181 lol i was young and ambitious ya let's go with that...

I'm hoping that I'm not making the same mistake with this one, but it's on it's way with forms filled out so I :wishluck:

No i think its all good man....

lol

19 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Ryan. it started out as chicken parmigiana and the other people didn't think I made enough, so ended up making more noodles lol

Should of just had spaghetti 

spaghetti & penne!

of course you have to  have texas toast! 

lol

18 minutes ago, comics4all said:

spaghetti & penne!

of course you have to  have texas toast! 

lol

Everytime I go to Sam's and see "New York Texas Toast", a staple for our spaghetti dinners, I think of the Pace Picante Sauce commercial from the late 80's; New York City!

:download:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

47 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Biggest ? Is will a press make it a better grade? Just because it has never been pressed doesn't mean grade will improve. And most sellers if you ask them has it been pressed they are going to say no. What are they gonna say, I tried twice and couldn't get a higher grade. Even if it was pressed so what? Did a actual good presser do it or was it a guy in his parents basement with a tshirt press or a large business that does thousands of books and just runs it through as fast as they can? 

How bad do you want his Signature and or how much is the price pump vs the risk of damage to book and cost?

If a press can't help is the book a sure thing to come back a 9.4? Is book a 9.3 or is it a 9.4 9.5? Can't tell you what to do but I gave you your answer. Answer those ?s then make a decision.

With this one will a press help?  Yes. I have pressed a few things and I see where it helps and where it does not.  I have a hulk 181 that was 6.5 when I sent it in the first time before cgc and ccs were the same company. When I learned of the pressing I sent it in again and it came back an 8.   My GSXMen has no color breaks on the spine and has a few paper bumps and  indentations that a press would definitely remove.  Hell my fat rear end would probably improve it.  Now will it get a grade bump?  Don't know. But I don't see it hurting 

Edited by god503

6 minutes ago, god503 said:

With this one will a press help?  Yes. I have pressed a few things and I see where it helps and where it does not.  I have a hulk 181 that was 6.5 when I sent it in the first time before cgc and ccs were the same company. When I learned of the pressing I sent it in again and it came back an 8.   My GSXMen has no color breaks on the spine and has a few paper bumps and  indentations that a press would definitely remove.  Hell my fat rear end would probably improve it.  Now will it get a grade bump?  Don't know. But I don't see it hurting 

If you're going to do it at that value, buy the gradere notes too, if there are any to cover all your bases... :foryou:

An idea though

I wouldn't 

I mean, I get it. People got Stan to sign books he never had an real involvement with.

It would be interesting. Are there any examples to base it off of sales wise? Personally though, I wouldn't buy it. I would go for a blue label or one with a signature of someone with a more direct connection to the issue or moment. 

Press sounds like a no brainer then. Signature dunno. If you dont press yourself then its ship to press, ship back, take to con, have to survive the con assembly line, cgc handles it, gets graded. Shipped back. A lot of shipping and insurance if you insure. 

4 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I wouldn't 

I mean, I get it. People got Stan to sign books he never had an real involvement with.

It would be interesting. Are there any examples to base it off of sales wise? Personally though, I wouldn't buy it. I would go for a blue label or one with a signature of someone with a more direct connection to the issue or moment. 

That's what annoyed me, seeing the Claremont Sig on GSXM and no sales :(

while I'm thankful for the thread, I didn't have the guts to start it and just did my own research lol

live and learn.... just like my thumb from the noodles 

Spoiler

20200420_185659.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

while I'm thankful for the thread, I didn't have the guts to start it and just did my own research lol

Hide contents

20200420_185659.jpg

green thumb.jpe

21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Reveal hidden contents

20200420_185659.jpg

At least you have a GSX 1 to send to get graded. Do share the final product! (you too OP!)

46 minutes ago, comics4all said:
1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

At least you have a GSX 1 to send to get graded. Do share the final product! (you too OP!)

good point!

I am jealous too!

The 2nd of 3 times I went over $500 in a purchase... it's a tough decision with nist saying don't do it :wishluck:

As I said the page Turner for me was the flat fee.

I'll be sure to post in back from CGC thread, it's going to be a while ha!

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Im glad I was included at some point in my own thread...  ;)

Edited by god503

52 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The 2nd of 3 times I went over $500 in a purchase... it's a tough decision with nist saying don't do it :wishluck:

As I said the page Turner for me was the flat fee.

I'll be sure to post in back from CGC thread, it's going to be a while ha!

To me, after learning about claremont's involvement, its a no brainer.  again  Romita sr on Hulk 181  uncredited head drawing, but people get it done.  im one of them.  I agree the stan lee on everything is a little nuts.  Pressing the book when its in the hands of one place is fine with me  90 dollars to press, sign and grade with a yellow label is too much to resist.

Edited by god503

Hey Adam,  Lets make sure are kids hook up after we get them back...  Ill have you over for a beer as we watch our grand kids....:roflmao:

Edited by god503

6 hours ago, god503 said:

it was a crona virus discount,  otherwise i wouldnt have dumped the stimulus check on it.  the fact that it was never pressed turned out to be a bonus.  Those other ones are too much for my blood

Yeah

I'm starting to wonder what I'm gonna dump my stimulus check on...here goes

ASM 14

ASM 41

ASM 50 

GSX

INCREDIBLE HULK 1 1.0

One of those...