• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would YOU do this....
3 3

121 posts in this topic

Just now, god503 said:

at least claremont contrributed to the book.  romita and trimpe are there for wolverine

True I guess, although I'm not too sure how "common knowledge" that is, until someone asks why is that sig included?

Just something to keep in mind idk

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

True I guess, although I'm not too sure how "common knowledge" that is, until someone asks why is that sig included?

Just something to keep in mind idk

I didnt know about romita on hulk 181 until the guy that i use to facilitate who knew i had one told me about it.  I told him i have 181 but everyone is dead.  he goes not everyone.  thomas still alive and romita.  I was like Romita?  yea he did his head..   Live and learn

You did me a major solid on the info on GSX 1 and claremont.  U the best adam.    I just hope romita lives long enough   the dude is like 90 and lives in long island NY...  we have corona up the coolie over here

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

They must have all went sunbathing before they went on their mission

HAHAHA  I guess that why it got a 6   UV exposure?

13 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Besides, have you seen Chris' sig?  It's not what I would call...legible.

That's a major reason I have against scrawling it over the cover of a GSXM 1. A big and quite messy-looking sig.

Also, you couldn't then add  the main creators associated with the book, Wein and Cockrum, who are dead, and settling just for Claremont's signature seems incomplete and a bit of a flawed exercise; historically, at least.  

If I were into sigs, Dave Cockrum's would be an absolute necessity for this book.

Edited by Ken Aldred

8 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

That's a major reason I have against scrawling it over the cover of a GSXM 1. A big and quite messy-looking sig.

Also, you couldn't then add  the main creators associated with the book, Wein and Cockrum, who are dead, and settling just for Claremont's signature seems incomplete and a bit of a flawed exercise; historically, at least.  

If I were into sigs, Dave Cockrum's would be an absolute necessity for this book.

Hey which one of you is Cockrum?....   :roflmao:

tttt.jpg

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you see on the cover under the #32, he's "just a guy" standing in front of another guy, saying will you "swing" and "slab me?" :sumo: 

@ADAMANTIUM No, no, no !

The one anorexic Ult Spidey is saying to the other one: "How could you slab this issue? I will fight you over it!" 

lol

Just now, comics4all said:

@ADAMANTIUM No, no, no !

The one anorexic Ult Spidey is saying to the other one: "How could you slab this issue? I will fight you over it!" 

lol

Maybe they need to fight over a cheeseburger...  

6 minutes ago, god503 said:

Maybe they need to fight over a cheeseburger...  

Yes! lol

Sadly. They can't afford Cheeseburgers now after foolishly wasting their $ slabbing an issue of Ultimate Spider-man 32 ! lol

heck no - too big a risk with very little reward (at least from a Claremont sig stand point).  Signers mess up books all the time so why take the chance.

I don't think the front cover is very conducive to signatures. If it were my book and I absolutely had to get it signed - the signature would go on the back cover. 2c

Who would not on the rocks or with a glock 

It would cause pain in the brain

Not with time or on my dime

Dont give me a Claremont sig even very big

Not GSXM #1, that would be no fun! 

It's not a good idea but it's in the mail

It's too late I tells ya, an epic fail

Would I a different way, if only the less I pay

I need the press not the mess

One flat fee, we will see

If I can pull out a win, it won't end up in a garbage bin

:(

If I collected sig series books I’d also want Gil Kane on there, the creator of GSXM 1’s classic, iconic cover, but, like its inker, Dave Cockrum, he’s also deceased.

Edited by Ken Aldred