• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would YOU do this....
3 3

121 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, god503 said:

I guess you can say its Claremont's Cameo....  :takeit:

HOLY POOP....  IT WAS!!!   According to the articles he was an intern at the time, then he became the writer after that.

Edited by god503

14 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Maybe - in all seriousness though, if you are looking for investment potential, I see Claremont as adding ZERO unless you can find someone who is buying for Registry points.  There are lots of copies with Len Wein and a lot with Stan as well.

The thing that sucked me in as I'm a cheap collector is, the flat fee of $70 to grade my GSXM with only an extra $20 to press. Mime is 7.0, which would have to be signed express tier, which again is $100 for grading only, not including press shipping or cost to.add a Sig.

Possibly saving up to $100+

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The thing that sucked me in as I'm a cheap collector is, the flat fee of $70 to grade my GSXM with only an extra $20 to press. Mime is 7.0, which would have to be signed express tier, which again is $100 for grading only, not including press shipping or cost to.add a Sig.

Possibly saving up to $100+

I love how the turn around time for a$ 20 press is 6 weeks with a CGC private signing yet a regular press takes 5 months!!!!!   :baiting:

Edited by god503

1 minute ago, Bax77 said:
38 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

While its true Len Wein gets credit, Claremont did contribute to the ending. Then next issue #94 continues to take over and write with Cockrum for a couple years then byrne and shape the X-Men as we know it.

Hope that helps.

I'm getting mine signed.

FTFY

Yes thank you!

I'm in the middle of dinner and trying to juggle things, its appreciated :)

1 minute ago, Bax77 said:

Trick question. The title was never cancelled but it was reprints for 6 years so.... everybody is correct :bigsmile:

OHHHHHHHH   u got me...    Never new how educational the CGC boards are...  :idea:

21 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

That is definitely possible - but I was pretty vocal about not getting Stan's sig on books that he didn't work on as well. So hopefully you can mark me up some points for consistency.

@seanfingh I agree with you in the sense that I don't think creators sigs should be on books that they didn't actually create for the most part! Typically I would say it adds no financial value/makes little sense but...

I think this is one of those exceptions because Claremont is so integral to X-men & it is the issue right before he took over, not like someone is having him sign some random Xmen issue from 2003 that he didn't write 

Just now, comics4all said:

@seanfingh I agree with you in the sense that I don't think creators sigs should be on books that they didn't actually create for the most part! Typically I would say it adds no financial value/makes little sense but...

I think this is one of those exceptions because Claremont is so integral to X-men & it is the issue right before he took over, not like someone is having him sign some random Xmen issue from 2003 that he didn't write 

It is a very logical opinion. And I have pretty much been "wrong" about the Stan Lee thing, because his sigs still impart value, despite his lack of direct involvement. As this market develops over time, the nexus between book and desirable creator may grow wider.

4 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

It is a very logical opinion. And I have pretty much been "wrong" about the Stan Lee thing, because his sigs still impart value, despite his lack of direct involvement. As this market develops over time, the nexus between book and desirable creator may grow wider.

I agree with your sentiment completely and often rag on books that, although are keys, are signed by Stan Lee,  but that I still own IH180, 181 lol i was young and ambitious ya let's go with that...

I'm hoping that I'm not making the same mistake with this one, but it's on it's way with forms filled out so I :wishluck:

Biggest ? Is will a press make it a better grade? Just because it has never been pressed doesn't mean grade will improve. And most sellers if you ask them has it been pressed they are going to say no. What are they gonna say, I tried twice and couldn't get a higher grade. Even if it was pressed so what? Did a actual good presser do it or was it a guy in his parents basement with a tshirt press or a large business that does thousands of books and just runs it through as fast as they can? 

How bad do you want his Signature and or how much is the price pump vs the risk of damage to book and cost?

If a press can't help is the book a sure thing to come back a 9.4? Is book a 9.3 or is it a 9.4 9.5? Can't tell you what to do but I gave you your answer. Answer those ?s then make a decision.

Edited by Myowncollector
Auto correct sucks

@Ryan. it started out as chicken parmigiana and the other people didn't think I made enough, so ended up making more noodles lol

Should of just had spaghetti 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM