• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Comics

5 posts in this topic

I’ve never submitted comics through the online service here and sort of need some guidance with the process. I actually have a few questions also if anyone is able to help. 

First off I only have 6 books I’m sending in and want 1 signed by Donny cates and stegman. 

2 of the 5 other books I want pressed but when I go to add it to my order it says I need a minimum of 15 books but I don’t have 15 books to send in. Can I still get my books pressed if I choose that as an option? 

I added the 5 books to my cart including the ones I want pressed but when I went to select the option to get a signature it wouldn’t let me choose it. 

Idk if I’m answering my own question here but do I need to check out my current order of the 5 previous books first and then purchase the signature as a separate order or something? 

Like I said I’ve gotten comics graded I just have never submitted anything online before. 

10 hours ago, xBattlePigx said:

I’ve never submitted comics through the online service here and sort of need some guidance with the process. I actually have a few questions also if anyone is able to help. 

First off I only have 6 books I’m sending in and want 1 signed by Donny cates and stegman. 

2 of the 5 other books I want pressed but when I go to add it to my order it says I need a minimum of 15 books but I don’t have 15 books to send in. Can I still get my books pressed if I choose that as an option? 

I added the 5 books to my cart including the ones I want pressed but when I went to select the option to get a signature it wouldn’t let me choose it. 

Idk if I’m answering my own question here but do I need to check out my current order of the 5 previous books first and then purchase the signature as a separate order or something? 

Like I said I’ve gotten comics graded I just have never submitted anything online before. 

You should call CGC directly since your situation is a little complicated with all the different options you are trying to do.

I think the different "things" you are trying to get done will require separate invoice, but Im not sure if the website will do it for you automatically or you have to create them one at a time like you mentioned.

1 hour ago, Avi said:

You should call CGC directly since your situation is a little complicated with all the different options you are trying to do.

I think the different "things" you are trying to get done will require separate invoice, but Im not sure if the website will do it for you automatically or you have to create them one at a time like you mentioned.

So for me to do a separate invoice I just check out my current shopping cart and start a new order? 

I actually did call and I got a message about what’s going on and it went right to voicemail. I left a message explaining everything and got an email with a not so helpful response. 

Edited by xBattlePigx

27 minutes ago, xBattlePigx said:

So for me to do a separate invoice I just check out my current shopping cart and start a new order? 

I actually did call and I got a message about what’s going on and it went right to voicemail. I left a message explaining everything and got an email with a not so helpful response. 

Too bad you couldnt get a hold of someone.

So I tried to replicate your situation, it looks like you will need an invoice for books you want graded. A separate invoice for books you want pressed then graded. And finally another invoice for signing.

In order to do that, you will need to pick the services you want, fill out the book info and then checkout (like you said). Then repeat for the different situations.

I dont know if there is a better way to do this, but this should get you what you need.

Hope that helps.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:16 AM, xBattlePigx said:

Hello! You will need to do 2 separate invoices. Let's begin with the ones you want graded and pressed. First select comic and then select the "mail in..." option. For you to select the pressing that you are referring to, under 15 books, you need to select the button marked "pressing". It is the button immediately to the right of the grading button . So at this point the grading box should have a blue check and the button immediately to the right of that button should be checked blue as well.

If you already have the 5 comics in your cart all you have to do is use the back arrow keys at the top of the page until you get back to this screen. If you are in checkout mode, then simply highlight your 5 comics and click the red pencil that appears. After that click back until you get to the screen that asks which services you want. Make sure those 2 buttons are selected. Proceed as normal. Check out and print your packing slip. Bundle all 5 comics together in the order they are on the packing slip.

For the in house signing, after you choose "comic" as the item you want to submit you want to check the "In House signing" button on the far right hand side. Choose Donny Cates from the dropdown menu. After that choose which services you would like (grading, pressing, etc.) . Now put in your comic info. After you put in the declared value it is going to ask you who you want to sign the book. Click the appropriate response. Before you check out it should let you choose any special labels if they are available. Remember, for the signing you will need to print out the packing slip and the signing placard that denotes which signing the comic is going to. Place this placard inside the window bag that your comic is in. Also make sure the outside of your box is marked DR so they know it has a book for a in house signing inside. Also, yes you can send both invoices inside one box. Just make sure each group of comics is with the appropriate invoice. 

I hope that helps. If you need anymore help just PM me. Good luck with your submissions.