• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Metal #1 with vertical spine stress - grade?

6 posts in this topic

Hi. I have a DC Metal #1 Dell’Otto virgin variant that is in great shape, save vertical, color breaking spine stress. I’ve read differing things: that this is due to the heavier paper used, that it doesn’t affect grade, that it definitely does affect grade. What is the consensus on the affect to the grade of something like this? Thanks!

315A57E9-C1F3-47CB-904C-9E4B36C237B7.jpeg

921A18B2-0EC4-4BF2-8F0C-5AB3A1327F48.jpeg

10 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

I just had two of these graded by CGC that were to me were perfect.  They only had those vertical spine stresses you described in your post.

Both came back 9,4 and no graders notes.... go figure.

Thanks for the reply. Mine pretty much run the length of the spine. Did yours, too? 

36 minutes ago, Patrick Jones said:

Thanks for the reply. Mine pretty much run the length of the spine. Did yours, too? 

Yes and they were cherry picked from the Bulletproof store itself.  I have no idea how some of them got 9.8s since all of them had this type of damage