• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Package Guy"

17 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I didn’t record it. My daughter did. I can’t see them because I’m in lock down...:sorry:

You never lose it do you. Even in my fifties, my heart still sinks when I see the postman pass me by. On the flip, I still get excited beyond what is reasonable for an adult of some years when he knocks with about five parcels for me. It's one of the many reasons that I love comics. Comics bring me parcels :cloud9:

DecimalEcstaticAmericanwigeon-max-1mb.gif.16b577a2f2de6be128428ee7d6a4e673.gif

9 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

would have been better if they received some packages. Also-- that driver needs to slow down.

Oh, they get them. And they know who brings them. My daughter usually gets them first and puts them away. She will then put one on the porch and ask about the “package guy”. They go nuts when they see their name on them. We usually send them some stuff making sure each of their names are on them.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:28 PM, Robot Man said:

We have all been there. Waiting... These are my two grand daughters. We have been sending them stuff from Amazon here and there to make their day. Sometimes they get comic books or a toy or a dress but it's a package addressed only to them. They know about what time "The Package Guy" comes and what his brown truck looks like. Turn it up and listen...:busy:

Don't you mind if you can tell me what your granddaughters said?  It doesn't have the closed caption. Sorry.

Mom asks them what they are doing. The older one says in an excited 5 year old voice that “It’s the package guy”. The 3 year old squeals “he’s coming to our house” and jumps up and down. The truck passes by and the the 5 year old one stamps her foot and says “he didn’t come” in a disappointed voice. They know about what time he comes and wait for him every day. 

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I posted this mostly because it was funny and that most of us as collectors could identify with it. Marwood gets it. I know how much the “package guy” means to me right now. Having some thing to look forward to really helps. Plus, we are getting things we just can’t go out and get right now. 

This little video makes me laugh more than cry. I do miss them terribly. Really hurts my wife. We usually see them a couple times a week and it has been 6 weeks so far with no real end in sight. This will pass, just got to be patient. 

Man, you're just an old softee

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Mom asks them what they are doing. The older one says in an excited 5 year old voice that “It’s the package guy”. The 3 year old squeals “he’s coming to our house” and jumps up and down. The truck passes by and the the 5 year old one stamps her foot and says “he didn’t come” in a disappointed voice. They know about what time he comes and wait for him every day. 

If I was package guy I would keep several packages of toys and stuff in case I saw little kids waiting anxiously.  No way i could just drive on by.  

On 4/22/2020 at 7:42 AM, marvelmaniac said:

OMG, watching that video made me hurt inside, If I could not see my Granddaughter I would go absolutely nuts.

My mom is used to having grandkids over pretty much every weekend and she’s not enjoying this. We had a video chat on Easter and a phone call on her birthday but no visits in about a month or more

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

what does the little one say right after that?  sounds like "say whoa wow" or something.   0:16