• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] LAST CALL! Closing Tomorrow (Saturday) -- I Bought A Collection: Endgame -- It's the Finale!
9 9

765 posts in this topic

:rulez:

Payment is Check or Money Order; I do not have Paypal.

First :takeit:wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Shipping: U.S. Priority at $8 for up to 8-12 books (cardboard sangweech or flip n ship mailer in a Priority Legal Envelope) or $15 for a whole stack (Medium Flat Rate Box). 

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime. 

A word or two about the books in the next post, then we'll get started with a sampling. This could go on for a while. Any taker who wants out before I close it can PM me at that point to settle up, but I do not have my head around this enough yet to know what's coming when, though I will try to group things and give a general sense of what's coming before each round begins. Tonight will give you a general flavor. 

Edited by Readcomix

A word about the books before we begin:

I wish I could give you better provenance, but I'll tell you what little I know. It's NOT an original owner collection; that is, I did not buy these from the guy who bought every book off the racks. I bought these from a house clean-out guy that I know. He knew what he had but he's an antiques generalist and his wife wanted the sunroom back. So here we are. I've got a few keepers, a lotta read and release fun (For example, Kobra 1-7, Captain Marvel 1-18, most of the Morbius Fear run are here but won't get read in time for this go-round.) 

The collection is diverse, from Gold to Copper, but mostly silver and bronze. I'd guess the collector bought off the racks in the bronze age, then reactivated in late copper and added back issues, as the older stuff is in better shape and much of the bronze is not bagged and boarded. (I don't have enough bags onhand for all these, but I will effort ordering some. Given the world circumstances, I am not assuming I can get whatever I want. We'll go as far as we can, but some reader lots may be grouped together in mag bags for shipping if need be. 

Lots of bronze horror here; lots of DC heroes, probably a half short box of Batman and Tec alone. Strangely, I don't think I've seen a single Spidey.

I've kept a handful of goodies, but I AM NOT keeping every key; far from it. I will intersperse them throughout.

7 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I see the Midnight Maniacs are in the house... hiya Ben, hiya Eric! :hi:

Okay, let's play funnybooks!

(:  We don't have to play nice, right?

Edited by lizards2

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:
2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

take

^^ big dinosaur war key goes to our own big lizard! Thank you Mike! (thumbsu

The Office Micheal Scott GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY