• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC Honor CBCS Verified Signatures?

14 posts in this topic

Newbie here. I have always been mainly a CBCS guy, but am thinking of making the switch for at least some of my submissions.

My question is - if I've got some comics graded and slabbed by CBCS with their witnessed sig "yellow label" - will CGC honor that yellow label if I submit it for CGC services and grading here?

Thanks in advance!

Matt 

Edited by Matthew_S
It's late and I made a mistake

7 hours ago, Matthew_S said:

Newbie here. I have always been mainly a CBCS guy, but am thinking of making the switch for at least some of my submissions.

My question is - if I've got some comics graded and slabbed by CBCS with their witnessed sig "yellow label" - will CGC honor that yellow label if I submit it for CGC services and grading here?

Thanks in advance!

Matt 

With good reason, CGC will not give it a yellow label unless they witness it.

More broadly, neither company will honor the other's yellow labels. If you crack a CBCS yellow-label slab, you get a green-label CGC. If you crack a CGC green-label slab, you get a red-label CBCS.

So, you know, don't crack slabs with witnessed signatures, regardless of the grading/witnessing company (well, except maybe gold-label PGX...).

EDIT: Not always correct. Struck. See below. My bad.

Edited by Qalyar

22 minutes ago, Bax77 said:

This is incorrect. CBCS has accepted CGC SS yellow labels since they opened. The still accept them, but they have to be before 2019:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/8879/page/1/new-change-to-the-asp-program/

Ah, my error. I knew that they were not currently mutually recognized, failed to realize that there was (formerly) a one-way transfer possible. I stand corrected.

3 hours ago, Bax77 said:

You guys are being ranted about over there lol Paint Monk has some butthurt for no reason, what a baby.

Whoever sent him that PM is an a-hole, tho.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/11766/good-griefi-will-not-use-cgc-any-time-soon/

Wow, you double- and triple-digit post count guys are the "old guard" now, eh?

lol

What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed that Old Paint guy (or whatever) is.

-slym

6 hours ago, Bax77 said:

You guys are being ranted about over there lol Paint Monk has some butthurt for no reason, what a baby.

:facepalm:

From what I've seen, there are maybe a couple of guys over there who ever have the slightest clue what they're talking about, not including anyone from the company.

Not that some people here are any better...

6 hours ago, Bax77 said:

Whoever sent him that PM is an a-hole, tho.

hm I wonder if the sender likes war comics or modern variants.