• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build a Team of Avengers for $15 - Entertainment Weekly

35 posts in this topic

From Entertainment Weekly's Twitter Feed... 

You get $15 for your draft.

Who are you picking and why?

$15 no more. 

You get all the resources that come with the character.  So Iron Man gets you all of his wealth and resources but does NOT get you Pepper Pots, War Machine, Hogan, SHIELD or things like that.   

Me? 

Black Panther $4 - and all of Wakanda's Resources.

Dr Strange - $4

Scarlet Witch - $2 - Thought that this was a bargain at $2 considering what she could do and was actually my first pick.

Thor $5 - I need a 'Tank'

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 5.19.16 AM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

Cap and the bottom row. Then I'd use the savings on The Sentry.

Tanks are cool but I like having someone around who can throw my enemies into the sun.

Edited by shadroch

Hulk $5

Spidey $4

Star-Lord $3

Drax- $2

War Machine- $1

Why this mix? I envision a story where Hulk returns to space for some reason (has he done this since Planet Hulk? I dont read new comics). Spidey tags along (because I love him), Star Lord for similar reasons. Drax and War Machine serve as secondary muscle. Its basically a mix of muscle and humour in space.

I call them the Interstellar Division....don't ask. 

Black Panther - Leader, tech, and resources.

Quicksilver - There is no substitute for speed.

Thor - "A" level power. The closer.

Rocket Raccoon - Pilot, weapons, and will do the dirty work.

Scarlet Witch - X factor ace in the hole.

Vision - Another almost undefensible skill set.

Also, keeping Wanda, The Vision and Quicksilver on a team creates a family bond.

Thor - majestic power

ASM - best for movie's international marketing clout.

Scarlet Witch and Vision - so they can birth their twins for the eventual 'Young Avengers' sequel teaming up with Franklin Richards and Power Pack.

Quicksilver - above baby twins need an uncle to change diapers speedily. :whee:

War Machine - armoured action figures sell better.

Bucky - conflicted anti-hero may relapse to villainy.

Fun!

Cap and Panther: Two leaders who can strategize and find your weakness. Yes - T'Challa has a country of resources.

Scarlet Witch and Viz: Tremendous power and variability of power. Family bond.

War Machine: Iron Man lite power & a flyer helps. Like the military background.

Quicksilver: Pietro was a bit unpredictable and huffy in the comics. Movie version is a bit more down the middle. SW's brother, so more family bonding.

Plus - you think Cap and Panther can't figure out how to fully utilize his speed?!

Winter Soldier: I think Cap keeps him grounded and focused. Is he better/more dangerous than Natasha? Value-wise he's worth it here.

This team can hit you from distance, from the air, from the ground... go power, use stealth, use magic. Let's roll.

Bucky as the new Cap - 1 DOLLAH - Bucky can be the new cap, or Falcon can play this role, either way.

Hawkeye - 4 DOLLAH - needed for the swarmy angsty role but he can angsty over Bucky trying to be field leader and argue with him for like half the movie

Spider-Man - 4 DOLLAH - needed to continue the storyline from the previous movie where Peter is working in the shadow of Iron Man's death

War Machine - 1 DOLLAH - seems like a deal to have an Iron Man cast member so he can be the new Iron Man and work with Peter on the Iron Man death storyline, maybe discovering some new tech Tony left behind.

Vision  & The Scarlet Witch - 3 DOLLAH Combo is such a deal.  Vision can be your science whiz and Wanda can handle the mystical stuff when Loki shows up

No Captain Marvel?  How about She-Hulk?  List is limited.  One additional mysterious character for the next movie would be nice, like Sersi or Kamala Khan or Mockingbird (to play off Hawkeye).  Or maybe Squirrel Girl for a comedy angle.