• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who do you contact to ask questions about Dan Adkins’s past work?

4 posts in this topic

I understand that Dan is no longer with us but I had questions about something specific that he had worked on. 
Did he work with an agent or have anyone else close to him that might know the specifics of past projects?

8 hours ago, buyatari said:

I understand that Dan is no longer with us but I had questions about something specific that he had worked on. 
Did he work with an agent or have anyone else close to him that might know the specifics of past projects?

Dan was selling his own artwork on eBay. One thing I noticed is Dan was always up front about Commissioned pieces he did that were light boxed over John Buscema. Since he has passed on shamefully I’ve seen (Dan only) work passed off as Buscema and Adkins. Specifically Silver Surfer. 

If you PM me and I look at the piece I might be able to help you.

🍇 + 🦍 

I was friends with Dan and he didn't have an agent that I knew of.

Dan was born about 40 minutes from where I live in West Virginia and I interviewed him and wrote an article about him for the newspaper I edited. We connected then and forged a friendship that lasted until he died. When Dan went silent for a few days and no one seemed to be able to get ahold of him, Steranko emailed to let me know that Dan had passed away and authorities had to go into his home where they found him.