• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlton File Copies?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Ok so I've been talking with a woman who has listed a ton of Charlton comics on ebay in high grade. She has them listed as file copies, and says they were bought back in the 80s as part of a warehouse find. Im still getting information from her on it, but I wondered if anyone here knew about these File copies? Anyone know about a big sale back in the 80s when Charlton dissolved? Im not sure if these were really "File copies" (as in kept for recording purposes by the publisher as examples of their books) or if this was more of a "Distributor find" (where inventory from a distributor is found that was never purchased by retailers or distributed). It's a bit of a grey area since Charlton was an "all in one" company, doing their creation, printing and distribution all from one place in Derby, Connecticut. 

Anyone know about this find/sale or know if CGC has ever considered recognizing Charlton File Copies like they recognize EC File Copies and Harvey File Copies?  

Seems to be consistant with a date stamp

2050752238_DateStampCharltonFileCopy.thumb.JPG.9264b9e52fbb657cd8fdb6c21162c09c.JPG1740214195_datestamp2charltoncomics.JPG.606f48e3407a84feb6eccadb0b400f48.JPG

And with some sunshadowing from stacking (otherwise in highish grade)

Anyone with more info on this? 

4 hours ago, buttock said:

A date stamp would run contrary to it being a file copy as that means it probably went to a newsstand/vendor who stamped it.  

Or it was stamped when added to the file.

(But I get what you mean, usually stamps are by newstands upon receipt so they know when to pull them)