• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comeback(s) you'd like to see

36 posts in this topic

Charaçters or creators?  After failing to come to terms with Marvel, John Byrne is posting his own X-Men story on his website as "Fan Fiction".  And it's certainly better drawn than 90% of what Marvel publishes nowadays.  

Silver Surfer could use an ongoing title.  Tom King did a mostly good job on Mister Miracle last year (except he didn't have an ending) and it would be nice to see more of the New Gods.

3 hours ago, Phicks said:

Silver Surfer could use an ongoing title. 

The Slott/Allred run was certainly interesting. And by interesting I mean bad. I wouldn't mind seeing something new from Silver Surfer granted it's quality.

But what I'd REALLY like to see is more Incognito by Brubaker and Phillips. That book was kickass and ended on a cliffhanger. Wtf man?

43 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Hoping this is not exclusive to comic characters or creators...

Calamerica 

We haven't had a good Cal thread in awhile. 

also Subby22 or whomever. You know The "once the Chinese discover AF15 sales will skyrocket for the rest of time" guy.

SPIDEY WILL NEVER DIE!

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Hoping this is not exclusive to comic characters or creators...

Calamerica 

We haven't had a good Cal thread in awhile. 

Purple suit ad all.  I was getting behind his bid for CGC leadership.  

Remember the spurts of ancient thread bumps.  I would log in and see two pages of threads from chat room inception.

7 minutes ago, Bax77 said:

Isn't he currently writing for DC? They made a big deal about him coming over, seemed like he was still high profile.

In November 2017, Bendis announced via Twitter that he would be working exclusively with DC Comics. His DC debut was in Action Comics #1000 (June 2018).  Ivan Reis drew the first issue of Bendis' The Man of Steel limited seriesand collaborated with Bendis on the relaunched Superman ongoing series in 2018. Bendis took over writing Action Comics following its 1,000th issue.

Ever since. He went quietly.