• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

polished_gem_comics aka diamond_comics_llc aka silver_valley_comics CGC slab cracking and overgrading for profit
8 8

595 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

He doesn't spell very good, which is ironic coming from me. 

He doesn't spell very well.

:baiting:

4 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

In parenthesis-Him becomes Adam Warlock 

Look at Thor 165 (or FF67) as you would Marvel Super Heroes #13- The 1st Carol Danvers isn't the 1st Ms. Marvel, and the 1st Him isn't the 1st Adam Warlock.

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Good point, but the character is the same though right?

More so for Carol Danvers than Him I'd say (she gains powers, but Him goes through a change), but yes. Still, the first time the Name and the Costume are introduced is usually considered the 1st appearance of the hero/villain (Cletus Kasady) .

Avengers #32 is the 1st appearance of Bill Foster, but no one cares until he becomes Black Goliath in Power Man #24. 

Hank Pym was many different characters, but they don't all share the same 1st appearance date.

EDIT: Wait, which thread is this?

Edited by MR SigS

On 2/24/2021 at 11:52 PM, mattn792 said:

I like this one in particular -- UNCANNY X-MEN #101 NM+/UNREAD 💎 ORIGIN & 1ST APP OF PHOENIX! ORIGINAL OWNER CGC | eBay -- a rarely seen unread book that must have come off the presses pre-spine rolled.

Dude's photo manipulation skills are slipping.

3 Grand for a raw XM 101?

I don't get it.

6 hours ago, mattn792 said:
9 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

3 Grand for a raw XM 101?

I don't get it.

Especially with two blue label 9.6s currently priced at a BIN under $2500.

Either the average eBayer is even dumber than we thought, or dude has added shilling to his sales tactics.

Looks like a small colour breaking crease bottom right front corner.

11 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Either the average eBayer is even dumber than we thought

This.

Which really is mystifying as how they could possibly be dumber than the typical ebay Scamurai, most of which appear to have half-baked sales strategies amd the relative intelligence of a blender when it comes to covering their tracks, if they're making any effort at all to do so. :facepalm: