• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

polished_gem_comics aka diamond_comics_llc aka silver_valley_comics CGC slab cracking and overgrading for profit
8 8

595 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, do-boy99 said:

The back of the book is not great!

$1000 book. Whoever the victim was that paid $3250 for it got the royal shaft. IMO, as they will find out once submitted. Whether we see it listed again depends upon how quickly they get it through the grading process and if the seller issues a refund equal to the disparity in his grade and CGCs, rather than a return and refund

13 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

$1000 book. Whoever the victim was that paid $3250 for it got the royal shaft. IMO, as they will find out once submitted. Whether we see it listed again depends upon how quickly they get it through the grading process and if the seller issues a refund equal to the disparity in his grade and CGCs, rather than a return and refund

The pictures were there so I don't know why someone in the know would pay so much. I guess thats the key right there. Probably people that just jumped on the hobby bandwagon and wouldn't know the difference between a VF and NM book if their life depended on it.

10 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Hmmmm. Back cover in original auction. And new auction. Got kinda better.

101 a.jpg

101 b.jpg

Where's the rusty staple impression from an overlain contact located in image 1, to the bottom right, level with the word "base"? I don't see it in the bottom photo. In fact, unless his photoshop manipulation skills some how increased by a factor of 100, these look like two different back covers to me from two different books. 

11 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Where's the rusty staple impression from an overlain contact located in image 1, to the bottom right, level with the word "base"? I don't see it in the bottom photo. In fact, unless his photoshop manipulation skills some how increased by a factor of 100, these look like two different back covers to me from two different books. 

Does seem odd that you can see the black ink along the spine in the 2nd pic 

B6543173-DBC3-441C-A290-6D5E2A2CBB95.jpeg

09838EC0-4E95-45B2-A15F-21F480EA73A8.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER