• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

polished_gem_comics aka diamond_comics_llc aka silver_valley_comics CGC slab cracking and overgrading for profit
8 8

595 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

heartbreaking !

the community should help him out with his plight , he probably has to sell all his family heirlooms too ... and cash in his IRA early with penalty

It's a sad story any way you slice it.  Little did he know when he was accruing his childhood gems that it would come to this one day.  

New seller ID has only 72 feedback and same scam plans.

Can we flood every item with reports?  We can report with all former seller IDs and explanations of his scamming works in past.

Here...we have plenty evidences that we can show eBay reps or fraud team.  How's about one board who is a lawyer works in DC?  Should we contact him so he will fight for it?  I forget the board name.

Edited by JollyComics

8 hours ago, JollyComics said:

New seller ID has only 72 feedback and same scam plans.

Can we flood every item with reports?  We can report with all former seller IDs and explanations of his scamming works in past.

Here...we have plenty evidences that we can show eBay reps or fraud team.  How's about one board who is a lawyer works in DC?  Should we contact him so he will fight for it?  I forget the board name.

Were any of his other accounts NARUed . Unless so, there's really nothing else to report other than flim-flammery, and ebay is not going to have any interest in taking action on that or 50% of all ebay sellers would vanish from the platform. 

On 11/26/2020 at 6:16 PM, James J Johnson said:

:bump:   

Same dog, same old predictable, "Original owner" tricks: 

"Hello Collectors I’m Going To Be Selling Off Most Of My Personal Collection. With Titles Such As Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer & Much Much More! I’m Not A Dealer I’m Just A Collector That Loves This Hobby Of Collecting Comics! A lot Of The Books That We’ll Be Listing We’re Books That I Acquired From The 60s-80s. If There Is A Special Issue Your Looking For Chances Are I Have It Just Ask."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-HIGH-GRADE-1ST-FULL-APP-OF-THE-WOLVERINE-CGC-THIS/402577436711?hash=item5dbb7c3027:g:GFwAAOSwOxtfvXtn  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-181-First-Appearance-of-the-Wolverine-25c-02456-Bronze-Age-/333737778626?hash=item4db4525dc2%3Ag%3A1WwAAOSw83Ffcy9a&nma=true&si=zvVMuV%2BK9q1QVdH%2FYd0Jm5TpeuY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And many others. 

The second ebay link in your post is for a different seller. Is the seller using two different accounts? They are in different locations, so I assume they are not the same person, but I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

The second ebay link in your post is for a different seller. Is the seller using two different accounts? They are in different locations, so I assume they are not the same person, but I could be wrong.

Secondseatingsales. That's from whom he bought the 181 on Oct 6th, winning that seller's 181 at auction for $3000. 

Edited by James J Johnson

12 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

He was chasing it. Just not sure if he ever got it. I'm thinking probably not.

Right now he's chasing this one: 

Incredible Hulk #181 NM-/NM Unrestored 1st full appearance of Wolverine | eBay  

And here's the irony. See these? The rest of Buying_Everything listings? 

Where do you these came from? 

Items for sale by buying_everything | eBay  

At least three of them (so far found with the limited amount of time I was able to yet expend) are slab-cracked. At least Buying_Everything is a little smarter than Polished-Gem. He's read this thread and checks frequently (Hello! :foryou: )  He's learned to WAIT until the images of his purchased CGC slabs have expired from ebay prior to listing them. But that doesn't matter with me. I can still find them. A lot of stuff that seems to disappear really doesn't, if you apply a little know how. 

Seller does not accept returns. Of course he doesn't!  

His AS 129 VF/NM was a CGC 7.5, and so forth. 

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Right now he's chasing this one: 

Incredible Hulk #181 NM-/NM Unrestored 1st full appearance of Wolverine | eBay  

And here's the irony. See these? The rest of Buying_Everything listings? 

Where do you these came from? 

Items for sale by buying_everything | eBay  

At least three of them (so far found with the limited amount of time I was able to yet expend) are slab-cracked. At least Buying_Everything is a little smarter than Polished-Gem. He's read this thread and checks frequently (Hello! :foryou: )  He's learned to WAIT until the images of his purchased CGC slabs have expired from ebay prior to listing them. But that doesn't matter with me. I can still find them. A lot of stuff that seems to disappear really doesn't, if you apply a little know how. 

Seller does not accept returns. Of course he doesn't!  

That "9.6" GSX #1 looks like it used to be about an 8.0 (at least on my phone it does).

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

That "9.6" GSX #1 looks like it used to be about an 8.0 (at least on my phone it does).

Same game plan as Polished. Cut from the same cloth. Difference is that there's no blabbering about original owners, "from the rack to me to you". He's also better funded, thus can shelf the books after purchase for 3 months before relisting them (which will thwart most who try to find the trail), a good strategy in most cases. Or he's more patient. Funny thing is that he's more "polished" than Polished-Gems at the buy CGC, crack, wait, relist raw at a few grades higher flim-flammery.

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

"Dear eBay rubes" would be a good title for a buying tutorial thread.  Sadly, none of those rubes would have the wherewithal to actually find that thread and benefit from it though.

It's a cesspool. Which is why ComicLink's auction offerings are sometimes up to 250 pages!!