• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

polished_gem_comics aka diamond_comics_llc aka silver_valley_comics CGC slab cracking and overgrading for profit
8 8

595 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, vheflin said:

nah inventory is low, he's out looting

Well he just picked up two #300s on ebay recently that he didn't list yet. I assume he'll be listing these with his new ebay iteration. Every time I think he can't possibly be that stupid, he reinforces my faith in him that he can.  

26 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

They're called Schrödinger's Cat Comicz on Saturdays.

Hours.jpg.aefabeb7a6191a2081c5d7506207dc69.jpg

Another spacetime rift @G G ®

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

Is Schrodinger's cat the feline equivalent of Pavlov's dog? hm 

Yes and no.

On 6/3/2020 at 7:58 PM, JollyComics said:

Hope that one neg ball-wrecked his reputation.

As predicted, the negative has been removed. Any seller can have ebay remove a negative just by asking. Just by calling ebay and telling an agent, "I don't want that negative there". Doesn't matter why the negative appeared. Doesn't matter if the wording complies with the etiquette and rules of feedback and accurately reflects the truth.  Seller could have completely under-performed, even openly stole the buyer's money, kept the book, and told the buyer to pound sand. And the buyer has no say over the feedback removal. Even if a buyer faithfully reports his opinion of the transaction, or lack of it, and gives a richly deserved negative, ebay will remove that negative for the asking by the seller. The only time you will ever see a seller with a negative is if they simply didn't call and tell an agent that they want it removed from their feedback. 

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

As predicted, the negative has been removed. Any seller can have ebay remove a negative just by asking. Just by calling ebay and telling an agent, "I don't want that negative there". Doesn't matter why the negative appeared. Doesn't matter if the wording complies with the etiquette and rules of feedback and accurately reflects the truth.  Seller could have completely under-performed, even openly stole the buyer's money, kept the book, and told the buyer to pound sand. And the buyer has no say over the feedback removal. Even if a buyer faithfully reports his opinion of the transaction, or lack of it, and gives a richly deserved negative, ebay will remove that negative for the asking by the seller. The only time you will ever see a seller with a negative is if they simply didn't call and tell an agent that they want it removed from their feedback. 

I've called ebay and it's seriously no questions asked and they will remove it.. sir @Keys_Collector

40 minutes ago, littledoom said:
2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I've called ebay and it's seriously no questions asked and they will remove it.. sir @Keys_Collector

Its been a while but in the past I have called ebay BEFORE I left the neg to make sure I can leave it, and it will stay.  They can advise you what is ok to post.  My negs stayed up baby.  DOCUMENTED on their end.

He did it and dodged the wreck ball!  eBay is not stricter enough!!!! 

4 hours ago, JollyComics said:

He did it and dodged the wreck ball!  eBay is not stricter enough!!!! 

He didn't really dodge anything. His whole dishonestly deceptive strategy is fully explained in this thread and readily available for any of his buyers who simply google either of his names, the old or the new one. He's formulated something I'm sure, and if so, is for now, flying under the radar. But eventually, stealth mode will fail with a crack and resale scheme, which isn't much of a scheme if he were honest about it, "I cracked open this CGC 9.0 and I'm calling the book "NM/unread" because that is my opinion of it", rather than, "refrigerated gems bought off the newsstand by my in-laws and rat holed away", and other such nonsensical puffery

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

He didn't really dodge anything. His whole dishonestly deceptive strategy is fully explained in this thread and readily available for any of his buyers who simply google either of his names, the old or the new one. He's formulated something I'm sure, and if so, is for now, flying under the radar. But eventually, stealth mode will fail with a crack and resale scheme, which isn't much of a scheme if he were honest about it, "I cracked open this CGC 9.0 and I'm calling the book "NM/unread" because that is my opinion of it", rather than, "refrigerated gems bought off the newsstand by my in-laws and rat holed away", and other such nonsensical puffery

Pardon my curiosity, have you tried to talk directly with the seller?  If he blocks you, that is something about him.

5 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Pardon my curiosity, have you tried to talk directly with the seller?  If he blocks you, that is something about him.

I never talked to him. I have no reason to. What would he say, "No, I'm not cracking slabs and representing them as 50 years stored unread gems"? Be kind of a moot point. And, how could he block? He doesn't know my ebay ID. I've never bought anything from him.  the only way he could block me would be to block everybody, and I think the limit is 5000 blocked bidders. 

Another negative in the feedback that ebay will remove just for the asking: 

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/polished_gem_comics?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560 

FEEDBACK FROM BUYER/PRICE WHEN
Payment sent, never shipped book with no responses to messages, terrible
Amazing Spider-Man #244 NM+/Unread Original Owner! CGC Ready! Beauty!! (#143597767920)
x***n (1117)
US $54.33
Past month

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/polished_gem_comics?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560 

Amazing Spider-Man #244 NM+/Unread Original Owner! CGC Ready! Beauty!! (#143597767920)
x***n (1117)
US $54.33
Past month

See at least four spine stresses on the front cover, and a slabbed 9.6 recently went for $42.50 shipped.

Stupid people of eBay, I implore you -- come on, man!

3 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I did. He reached out to me and wanted to buy my Hulk 181. He made an offer that was at the top of GPA pricing, but his screen name seemed familiar. I jumped on the boards, found this thread and wrote back to him. I told him it looked like he was buying slabbed comics, unslabbing them, then reselling at inflated grades and I didn't want to be a part of that. I even gave him a link to this discussion. He never responded. 

Bravo! I hope this will teach him a big lesson.

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

x***n (1117)
US $54.33
Past month

Hopefully,his second neg (first one was removed by eBay upon his request) won't be removed again.