• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

polished_gem_comics aka diamond_comics_llc aka silver_valley_comics CGC slab cracking and overgrading for profit
8 8

595 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Bravo! I hope this will teach him a big lesson.

I think that lesson is already learned. That the Polished Gems account is now obsolete for the crack, imaginary press, and imaginary "never been read NM father-in-law , 50 year refrigerated storage collection story". That stated, hopefully he'll continue in the hobby with a new iteration that better embraces more honesty in responsibly representing his items. Nothing wrong with him doing that; in fact, I encourage it. 

I like to see people doing well, as long as they're doing right by others. 

Edited by James J Johnson

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I think that lesson is already learned. That the Polished Gems account is now obsolete for the crack, imaginary press, and imaginary "never been read NM father-in-law , 50 year refrigerated storage collection story". That stated, hopefully he'll continue in the hobby with a new iteration that better embraces more honesty in responsibly representing his items. Nothing wrong with him doing that; in fact, I encourage it. 

I like to see people doing well, as long as they're doing right by others. 

If that their two bit website is any indication, I'd expect a double down on the scam.  In fact they almost outright admit it -- "Now we want to expand our business and knowledge by buying and selling comics others may not know their worth or true value."

7 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Hopefully,his second neg (first one was removed by eBay upon his request) won't be removed again.

It will be removed by his request. I've seen sellers that received a dozen or more negatives from unique buyers when they suddenly went rogue and stiffed everyone at the same time, and then POOF! All the negs gone with the wind. 

Just now, mattn792 said:

If that their two bit website is any indication, I'd expect a double down on the scam.  In fact they almost outright admit it -- "Now we want to expand our business and knowledge by buying and selling comics others may not know their worth or true value."

The less this guy writes, the better it would be, from a business standpoint. As a businessman, he's his own worst enemy.  :facepalm:

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

It will be removed by his request. I've seen sellers that received a dozen or more negatives from unique buyers when they suddenly went rogue and stiffed everyone at the same time, and then POOF! All the negs gone with the wind. 

>:(

27 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

>:(

And that's only one side of the coin. I've also seen buyers completely abuse the feedback system. I forgot who the member was but it was the most amazing "feedback left for other members" record I've ever seen. All. Each and every one of his sellers received a negative.... for the same thing!! :whatthe: 

This member left about 6 pages (by the 25 count) of solid negatives, his feedback left for others was a wall of red negatives, for the same thing. "Seller reneged on the deal and gave me a hard time. Crook.. AVOID!!" I saw this and asked myself if ebay was aware of what I assumed was feedback abuse, premeditated negatives. 150 different sellers all reneged? Without even one delivering? This had to be some nut. I called ebay and called an agent's attention to it, "take a look at his feedback left for others. Strike you as odd that everybody he ever bought from reneged and got a negative?" Agent tells me, "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our trust nd safety will look into this a take action". A month later, still all there. 150 feedbacks left for others; 150 negatives!!! :facepalm:

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

And that's only one side of the coin. I've also seen buyers completely abuse the feedback system. I forgot who the member was but it was the most amazing "feedback left for other members" record I've ever seen. All. Each and every one of his sellers received a negative.... for the same thing!! :whatthe: 

This member left about 6 pages (by the 25 count) of solid negatives, his feedback left for others was a wall of red negatives, for the same thing. "Seller reneged on the deal and gave me a hard time. Crook.. AVOID!!" I saw this and asked myself if ebay was aware of what I assumed was feedback abuse, premeditated negatives. 150 different sellers all reneged? Without even one delivering? This had to be some nut. I called ebay and called an agent's attention to it, "take a look at his feedback left for others. Strike you as odd that everybody he ever bought from reneged and got a negative?" Agent tells me, "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our trust nd safety will look into this a take action". A month later, still all there. 150 feedbacks left for others; 150 negatives!!! :facepalm:

The best they can do is nothing

5 minutes ago, littledoom said:

But you have to stop and think. Typically, sellers can get negatives removed with just one call, "Dear Ebay, please get that freakin' negative the hell off of my record", and POOF! Evaporates. 

How do 150 different sellers get negged by one buyer, the same negative over and over, and not one of them is removed? Even when it would be obvious to a complete dunce that 150 different sellers couldn't possibly have all committed the same identical negative action? It boggles the imagination. 

Edited by James J Johnson

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

But you have to stop and think. Typically, sellers can get negatives removed with just one call, "Dear Ebay, please get that freakin' negative the hell off of my record", and POOF! Evaporates. 

How do 150 different sellers get negged by one buyer, the same negative over and over, and not one of them is removed? Even when it would be obvious to a complete dunce that 150 different sellers couldn't possibly have all committed the same identical negative action? It boggles the imagination. 

The only conclusion I can reach is that most of his negs were indeed removed and the ones that were still up were sellers that didnt pursue removal.  So that means a truly staggering amt of negs left.  1500 or more-

13 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

:ohnoez:

13 hours ago, littledoom said:

Facebook and eBay are pretty in common - do nada!

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 11:57 AM, James J Johnson said:

Same storm, different books. Already had been tracking sales on ebay, ComicLink, and other sites, and capturing the images of not only the books he was likely to re-sell on ebay with hyper-inflated grades, the more popular and in demand key books, but more recently started capturing data on the books he was likely to buy for resale once exposure and transparency forced him to expand his choices to semi and non-keys. I got this. Shooting fish in a barrel as the old saying goes.

I'm late to the thread.  But now that you've got him in your sights, don't let up, don't give up, don't let him off the hook.  He's a lowlife scumbag.

LIGHT HIM UP.