• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

polished_gem_comics aka diamond_comics_llc aka silver_valley_comics CGC slab cracking and overgrading for profit
8 8

595 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Motor City Rob said:

I agree that if pictures are manipulated, then all bets are off and the seller should accept the return. Lots of listed books on ebay every day where major flaws are "hidden". Ebay will side with buyers in almost all of these situations. With enough returns and complaints, sellers like this should realize the jig is up!!! Hopefully that's what has happened with our Polished Diamond friend.

He'll be back. Probaby already selling on ebay under another member ID. Under the radar because he has to start small. With less than $1000 of sales the first month or so, if a new account. I have a whole list of books he bought in the past two months that he never got the chance to list once the spit hit the fan. This included images, and saved listings that we won or made offers on that were accepted. Only  matter of time before the show up on ebay, again raw and with the unwarranted grade bump. This has worked well for him in the past, and it's going to be difficult for him to abandon that strategy completely and formulate a different schtick. Worked well as in profit margins, not in being able to carry on the deception unnoticed for too long. 

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

He'll be back. Probaby already selling on ebay under another member ID. Under the radar because he has to start small. With less than $1000 of sales the first month or so, if a new account. I have a whole list of books he bought in the past two months that he never got the chance to list once the spit hit the fan. This included images, and saved listings that we won or made offers on that were accepted. Only  matter of time before the show up on ebay, again raw and with the unwarranted grade bump. This has worked well for him in the past, and it's going to be difficult for him to abandon that strategy completely and formulate a different schtick. Worked well as in profit margins, not in being able to carry on the deception unnoticed for too long. 

Just seems like way too much work to keep running from your past and keep creating new identities. I hope he chooses the high road in the future. It's a much more pleasant life. 

Front page of their two bit website:

Vintage Comic Books
We’ve spent over $100s of Thousands in the past few years buying everything from rare single comics to entire collections. We will travel to you and buy your entire collection, cash on the spot! 

Pulps & Magazines
We’ve been collecting pulp magazines for so long, when we started they were called “new bees”. TWO decades later, we still want more, so let us buy them from you! 

Modern Comic Books
Along with vintage comics, we also buy mid-1980s to present day comics. We won’t cherry pick your collections, we will buy it all at a better price margin than you’ll get anywhere else!”

Number of books listed for sale?  0.

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Pulps & Magazines
We’ve been collecting pulp magazines for so long, when we started they were called “new bees”. TWO decades later, we still want more, so let us buy them from you! 

20 years ago pulps were still pulps. 40 years pulps were still called pulps; or dime magazines. I know pulps real well. I've never heard of the term "new bees" in reference to them. Maybe he's rolling them up and smoking them instead of reading them? (shrug)

Edited by James J Johnson

Just now, James J Johnson said:

20 years ago pulps were still pulps. 40 years pulps were still called pulps; or dime magazines. I know pulps real well. I've never heard of the term "new bees" in reference to them. 

I also was baffled by that one.  WTF

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/polished_gem_comics?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560 

More negs, as predicted. 

ebay expunged 2 of them, then 11 more were received that ebay has not yet expunged, and now two more negs, as predicted:

FEEDBACK FROM BUYER/PRICE WHEN

Sells overgraded books. Cancels 2 big auctions I won. Disappears/No response!!!!
Amazing Spider-Man #119 NM/Unread 1st. Hulk VS Spider-Man! Original Owner! CGC!! (#143588723979)
r***a (1093)
US $295.00
Past month

never received, ghosted by seller. Also previous purchases were below value
Amazing Spider-Man #240-279 252 Mint/Unread Original Owner Collection! CGC Ready (#143600689111)
e***e (38)
US $1,155.00
Past month

NEVER RECEIVED. NO RESPONSE FROM SELLER. HAD TO OPEN CASE.
Amazing Spider-Man #242 NM+/Unread Original Owner! CGC Ready! WOW!! (#143597771249)
c***c (6200)
US $49.00
Past month

Amazing Spider-Man #222 NM+/Unread Original Owner! CGC Ready! WOW!! (#143597172263)
c***c (6200)
US $23.50
Past month

Amazing Spider-Man #211 NM+/Unread Original Owner! CGC Ready! WOW!! Huge Sale!!! (#143597180477)
c***c (6200)
US $42.00
Past month

Amazing Spider-Man #191 9.8/Unread Original Owner!! CGC Ready! WOW! (#143597184967)
c***c (6200)
US $42.00
Past month

Amazing Spider-Man #192 9.8/Unread White Pages! Original Owner! CGC Ready! WOW!! (#143597192877)
c***c (6200)
US $37.00
Past month

Amazing Spider-Man #221 NM+/Unread Original Owner! CGC Ready! Gorgeous! (#143597777742)
c***c (6200)
US $20.55
Past month

Amazing Spider-Man #233 NM/Unread Original Owner! CGC Ready! Gorgeous Book! (#143597782965)
c***c (6200)
US $34.00
Past month

Amazing Spider-Man #231 NM/Unread Original Owner! CGC Ready! Beautiful Book! (#143597803359)
c***c (6200)
US $32.01
Past month

Batman #189 NM/Unread 1st. Silver Age Scarecrow! CGC Ready! White Pages! SCARCE! (#143598688649)
c***c (6200)
US $1,424.99
Past month
Edited by James J Johnson

On 6/18/2020 at 8:24 AM, telerites said:

These kind of people never seem to go away, they just come back under a different alias and continue their crookedness.

Found 'em!  It's like playing Whack-A-Mole  https://houston.craigslist.org/wad/d/houston-comics-wanted-huge-cash/7211781566.html   www.silvervalleycomics.com  

17 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

And I just LOVE this lot of books:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-196-Bronze-Age-Comic-Lot-High-Grade-Original-Owner-Set-MUST-SEE/402506753709?hash=item5db745a6ad:g:KsAAAOSwEUZfkI4C

Filled with all sorts of high grade 6.0s, many featuring the highly coveted spine roll.

So much spine roll they look like egg rolls