• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for Convention Dealers.
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Have you ever gotten so pissed at an unreasonable customer that you've wanted to throw a slabbed book at their face? If you did throw a slabbed book at them would you take the time to find the lowest value slab or just grab the one closest to you to cause the most damage? Would you then retrieve it and have it pressed and reslabbed?

Edited by NoMan

I don't know what day it is trapped in here. Two things happened: 1. -  I saw the blender/McDonalds footage and 2. - I saw a customer at a convention about two years ago act towards a dealer like he'd never been punched in the face before and needed a serious punch to the face. I put two and two together and asked the question. Also a third thing happened: my wife put Ozark on pause to take a long work call and I had time to kill to ask the dealers here the question.

Back to Ozark where one improbable thing happens after another. It's still better than Stranger Things which I refused to sit and watch with the wife. I went to my office/library and played with my books and comic books.

Most convention dealers over price their books anyway... you can get them cheaper online....And they can be so rude!!  One guy....at Heroes.....Dale...I think....I asked to view his books and he was so short with me and acted like an ....then there was this guy who kept on bragging to me how his books were so better than Metropolis....whatever dude....

17 hours ago, EC Phanatic said:

Most convention dealers over price their books anyway... you can get them cheaper online....And they can be so rude!!  One guy....at Heroes.....Dale...I think....I asked to view his books and he was so short with me and acted like an ....then there was this guy who kept on bragging to me how his books were so better than Metropolis....whatever dude....

It wasn't me. Short and rude is not my thing. Perhaps you should make sure before you speak wrongly of someone.

10 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

It wasn't me. Short and rude is not my thing. Perhaps you should make sure before you speak wrongly of someone.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Every time this guy posts, it's either offending or downright nasty.  I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet.  

3 hours ago, comicdonna said:
3 hours ago, Dale Roberts said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  Every time this guy posts, it's either offending or downright nasty.  I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet.  

He's the dude who started the "RIP George Lucas" thread in the Water Closet.

5 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
3 hours ago, comicdonna said:
3 hours ago, Dale Roberts said:

He's the dude who started the "RIP George Lucas" thread in the Water Closet.

It would have taken much less time to screen that fake news item than to start a thread about it.

Also...

The posts aren't here anymore but, I have seen this guy go into the comic events section and attack a reputable dealer in a really bad way.  Nothing sparking it, just out of the blue.  I have also seen him post some pretty disgusting stuff that don't belong on a comic forum, or any other forum for that matter.  Sad.

8 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

The posts aren't here anymore but, I have seen this guy go into the comic events section and attack a reputable dealer in a really bad way.  Nothing sparking it, just out of the blue.  I have also seen him post some pretty disgusting stuff that don't belong on a comic forum, or any other forum for that matter.  Sad.

I thought he redeemed himself.   Too bad.  I don't get the Lucas thread... why he would do that... whatevs. 

On 4/25/2020 at 4:13 PM, NoMan said:

Have you ever gotten so pissed at an unreasonable customer that you've wanted to throw a slabbed book at their face? If you did throw a slabbed book at them would you take the time to find the lowest value slab or just grab the one closest to you to cause the most damage? Would you then retrieve it and have it pressed and reslabbed?

Wasn't there an incident a few years where Metropolis or another dealer caught a guy shoplifting at a con and tracked them down?  

4 hours ago, comicdonna said:

It's not political so the mods are not too worried about it. lol

Edited by VintageComics

5 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

It would have taken much less time to screen that fake news item than to start a thread about it.

Also...

What a sausage fest that thread was...., :eyeroll:

On 4/26/2020 at 8:13 PM, EC Phanatic said:

HA! This is not true! Quote from Dale at me at a con: 

Me: "May I please see that book on the wall."

Dale: "Of course, that's why I brought them."

Edited by NoMan