• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moisture issue?

5 posts in this topic

I bought a CGC Universal grade 8.5 copy of APM #252.  I notice that there seems to be a defect that developed where the internal holder is rubbing against the comic.maybe moisture? I hope not.  Has anyone seen this issue? (see photo)  I'd like to get it reslabbed but frankly, other than this weird thing, I don't see any problem with the holder itself.  

IMG_3900.jpg

Edited by joetheyank
Found answer to part of the question.

@vheflin thanks for the info.  I have read through about a quarter of the posts.  Seems I would have to submit this and pay for a reholder, as I don't think CGC would see the Newton Rings as excessive.  I noted my displeasure with the seller for not advising of this, but I see that it may be a common occurrence.  Frankly, new to this process, I am somewhat underwhelmed by CGC's response/reaction to this issue.  When I look at this slab, the newton rings are all I see.  It definitely takes away the pleasure of owning this book.