• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK on a 9.8?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just wanted a piece of advice/feedback please.  I recently bought, via eBay, a 9.8 copy of All New Marvel Now! Point One #1 for the Kamala Khan first full appearance.

The seller has been great, but when the well-packed slab arrived today, I noted a couple of things that concerned me.

The first are two colour-breaking stress lines on the spine and the second is what looks like a small colour-breaking crease on the bottom corner (spine).

I feel pretty sure that this is problematic for a 9.8, but wanted a second opinion or two before I approach the seller for a refund.

I paid FMV (as suggested by Go Collect) and it was not advertised as having any problems.

What do you think?

Many thanks.

(Originally posted in the Newbie section, but re-posted here for some additional thoughts please : )  I suspect this is the more appropriate place to post...

MPO.jpg

MPO2.jpg

MPO3.jpg

Depends on the day.  Sometimes, yes.  Sometimes, no.  One of the more frustrating things is how inconsistent grading has been over the last 10 years.  Simply put not all 9.8s are created equal, buy the book not the number.