• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Getting a custom label creates a new tier.  So that's another $5 charge.  And shipped separately, most likely, so much higher shipping total for 2 shipments instead of combined. 

If you want 3 comics labeled, it appears to be $5 each, or $15.  But you have to add $5 for the handling charge.  They won't likely ship with others in the group you sent, so maybe $15 for shipping separately.  That's $35 for 3 labels, almost $12 each. 

When doing labels, get as many as you can into the group to help keep those add-on costs down, and lower per comic

If you had 20 comics getting labels, and sent them by themselves, it's still a $5 handling charge, but spread over 20 comics at 25 cents each.  Shipping 20 comics with labels back is a normal shipping group by itself, not a split group, so you can't blame the labels as the cause of the shipping cost.  You had to pay anyway after grading.  So now each label costs $5.25, much better. 

I learned the hard way.  I sent an order in and only 1 of the comics had a character label available for it, a Hulk 377.  Paid $5 for the label, $5 for the fee, $20 to ship separately through my FedEx account (additional $3 for residential delivery and $5 sig. that I have set to automatic).  So that label cost me $30!!  For an image printed on your already-supplied label.  You learn quickly after that.