• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1 Auction in the May Heritage Signature Auction

8 posts in this topic

Hi, all:

I've consigned one lot for the May Heritage Signature Auction - John Romita Jr. and Scott Hanna The Amazing Spider-Man #48 (489) Complete 22-Page Story, published in 2003 (hard to believe its been 17 years already!)

The story is written by sci-fi author JMS, and introduces Shathra, another of the 'Spider-totem' villains whose origins and purpose pre-ordain the radioactive Spider-bite that turned Peter Parker into Spiderman.  Also appearing in this issue are the mysterious Ezekiel, and the return of MJ!

Bidding is currently at $4,900, and here's a direct link to the auction: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/john-romita-jr-and-scott-hanna-the-amazing-spider-man-48-489-complete-22-page-story-original-art-group-of-22-/a/7229-94107.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Here's a few selected pages from the issue, courtesy of Heritage:

p1.jpg

Edited by jjonahjameson11

19 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Hi, all:

I've consigned one lot for the May Heritage Signature Auction - John Romita Jr. and Scott Hanna The Amazing Spider-Man #48 (489) Complete 22-Page Story, published in 2003 (hard to believe its been 17 years already!)

The story is written by sci-fi author JMS, and introduces Shathra, another of the 'Spider-totem' villains whose origins and purpose pre-ordain the radioactive Spider-bite that turned Peter Parker into Spiderman.  Also appearing in this issue are the mysterious Ezekiel, and the return of MJ!

Bidding is currently at $4,900, and here's a direct link to the auction: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/john-romita-jr-and-scott-hanna-the-amazing-spider-man-48-489-complete-22-page-story-original-art-group-of-22-/a/7229-94107.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

p1.jpg

I appreciate all of the well wishes that I've received thus far, and I'm please to say the current bid is now $6.9K...still less than I paid for it, and a great deal for the collector or dealer, for someone who wants to keep the issue intact, or sell pages individually.

I should note that this auction ends Friday, May 1st.

Thanks for looking and good luck to all bidders (thumbsu

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 2:42 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Hi, all:

p1.jpg

Ending today!

Good luck to all bidders! (thumbsu