• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Shipping Issues?
2 2

30 posts in this topic

Hi,

Is anyone else been seeing significant shipping delays lately? I have a package on its way to me leave the Chicago USPS depot on April 11 and that’s the last update on the tracker. I believe it was shipped priority mail.

I know things are unusual at the moment but that seems excessive?

Cheers,

Why don't you just relax?

There was a story that Canada Post is getting X-mas type volume now and with the new protocols in place and an increased number of worker absenteeism, there have been major delays.

I have one that left Miami on March 28th and poof and another one on April 4th from Chicago and poof.

My Canada Post source says that there is at least a 300 trailer back up in Mississauga

Damn impatient Canadians:baiting: 

1 hour ago, greggy said:

There was a story that Canada Post is getting X-mas type volume now and with the new protocols in place and an increased number of worker absenteeism, there have been major delays.

I have one that left Miami on March 28th and poof and another one on April 4th from Chicago and poof.

My Canada Post source says that there is at least a 300 trailer back up in Mississauga

Yeah, I sent some junk to some jerk in BC and it still hadn’t arrived yet. 

Just now, topofthetotem said:

They moved the expected delivery date to the 28th but I expect it tomorrow....or else. 

32 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:
1 hour ago, greggy said:

Yes, it seems that all of the online shipping companies are busy with volumes right through the roof right now since all of the brick & mortar retail stores are closed. 

Guess we should have all invested into some of these companies a few weeks ago.  Especially with some of them like Amazon having to hired an additional 100,000 employees last month, followed by a further 75,000 employees this month.  Definitely good for the investors as their share price has gone up by over 40%+ in just over a month to hit a new all-time high of over $2,400 per share.  :flipbait:

For all of the Canadians here, just think that a company like Shopify dropped below $500 earlier this month and is now up an astounding 89% in only a few weeks to hit a new all-time high of $900+ per share which is starting to approach Royal Bank territory to make it the most valuable company in Canada from a market cap point of view.  Definitely a bit bonkers here, I would have to say though.  :whatthe:  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

30 minutes ago, EC Phanatic said:

USPS has been spot on......they are essential

Not for me.

1 pkg arrived in San Francisco from Canada on 4/16. Hasn't moved since. Another shipped 4/2 from Missouri, received 4/18. Even Priority Mail that normally takes 2 days, takes 5.

I'm not placing any blame, I know it's tough during this time. But my USPS shipments have definitely seen delays.

I have noticed a major delay in sending Express packages from Japan to the USA.  Mainly because there are less international flights to carry postal cargo, and it seems there is a backlog for the very few flights getting out.  Hopefully once the package makes it over the pond, the delays will be less.

I shipped my books two weeks ago or earlier without an incident but those books were shipped to me in some delay times.

I contacted several eBay sellers about it.  They were concerned.

My wife works part-time at Amazon but her warehouse was shut down and had to be quarantined so it occurred to my mind.  Check this out ---- https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/

I heard through the grapevine that packages are being held up minimum two weeks at customs right now.  Anyone else hear anything similar?

I have an incoming USPS package that I've tracked all over the US.  It's overdue by a few weeks.  It arrived in my city after a typical route across the US and THEN showed up a few thousand miles away a few days later.  It's been in transit from that location to the next (unknown) location for over a week.  It is MIA now.  It's frustrating to watch it zig zig across the USA and not have a "report this package" button on the USPS tracking page. 

My USPS mail delivery person is an incompetent brain damage sufferer, by the way.  He didn't get his hands on this package but he's the reason I installed a bigger mailbox.  If he folded one more package I was going to throw a fit. He would bend or fold cardboard magazine/book shipping boxes to make them fit in the old box. He would jam it all into the old box with force. Any flexible package was folded and crammed. He often gives me many of my neighbors' mail and he blasts his radio as he wanders our neighborhood.  He is despised by all.

Now that I have the big mailbox with a nice wide slot for book-sized packages he inserts the mail so that the tail end of it is sticking out for any passer-by to grab.  He can't bring himself to insert the mail fully into the box, rendering the lock useless.  To complain would certainly bring destruction to me.  He is a menace to society. Complete. Imbecile.

Edited by Turnando

7 hours ago, piper said:

I heard through the grapevine that packages are being held up minimum two weeks at customs right now.  Anyone else hear anything similar?

Mine cleared customs in Richmond, BC in the same day.

But everything else going through an Eastern port is MIA

8 hours ago, piper said:

All of my eBay international orders (run through GSP) are experiencing some type of holds and delays from the immediate point after GSP center has shipped them out. 

On 4/27/2020 at 5:54 PM, topofthetotem said:

So-ardently my package is still in the air between the US and Canada.

F6763492-8BD7-4B8F-8589-365C3BB98803.jpeg

8EA65737-EBA7-4D58-BFDC-4949E1EABBB1.png

Mine March 28th package finally got into customs in Montreal today.

One shipped from Heritage going through Chicago finally is being prepared to leave Chicago after being in limbo since April 6th

Looks like it's finally moving and my stuff isn't totally MIA

@piper

4 minutes ago, greggy said:

Mine March 28th package finally got into customs in Montreal today.

One shipped from Heritage going through Chicago finally is being prepared to leave Chicago after being in limbo since April 6th

Looks like it's finally moving and my stuff isn't totally MIA

@piper

That's good news Greggy.