• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Shipping Issues?
2 2

30 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:

My parcel has finally arrived in perfect shape. :headbang:

It's variable the length of time it takes.  I had one package take a week.  Another was 7+ weeks.

I recently had success winning a cracked slab case with USPS for a priority mail box so I thought I would share with the group. I had been reading for months about everyone saying you should just give up or try to get $15 from the seller but I thought I would give it a shot via a USPS damage claim. Maybe I got lucky but it took 4 days for them to settle it once I uploaded the claim and I got enough $ to ship it both ways and re-slab the book.

You can file a claim on the USPS website. I always take a video of me opening the package so I was able to take a good picture from the video of the cracked slab in the box, took a picture of the impact crunch to the box on the same side as the cracked slab, included a PDF of the gocollect fair market value of the book by grade and the CGC packing slip for reslabbing it which showed the re-slab and shipping costs.

Again, maybe I got lucky with the right insurance claim agent at USPS but I was getting tired of eating the shipping and reslab costs every time I got a cracked slab that the seller said was caused by USPS.

I think the key is to include pictures and documentation that tell a complete story and leave little doubt with USPS that it was caused by shipping.

IT CAN BE DONE!

WhiteElectricKitty-size_restricted.gif

19 minutes ago, PickleRick1216 said:

I recently had success winning a cracked slab case with USPS for a priority mail box so I thought I would share with the group. I had been reading for months about everyone saying you should just give up or try to get $15 from the seller but I thought I would give it a shot via a USPS damage claim. Maybe I got lucky but it took 4 days for them to settle it once I uploaded the claim and I got enough $ to ship it both ways and re-slab the book.

You can file a claim on the USPS website. I always take a video of me opening the package so I was able to take a good picture from the video of the cracked slab in the box, took a picture of the impact crunch to the box on the same side as the cracked slab, included a PDF of the gocollect fair market value of the book by grade and the CGC packing slip for reslabbing it which showed the re-slab and shipping costs.

Again, maybe I got lucky with the right insurance claim agent at USPS but I was getting tired of eating the shipping and reslab costs every time I got a cracked slab that the seller said was caused by USPS.

I think the key is to include pictures and documentation that tell a complete story and leave little doubt with USPS that it was caused by shipping.

IT CAN BE DONE!

WhiteElectricKitty-size_restricted.gif

Hey now, congrats! Sorry it was needed, but it lucked out 

Some of the slabs that I've had damaged shipped to me, weren't worth reholdering....due to the book not surviving, but I'm sure that's a extreme circumstance 

The seller was made whole in that situation too :)

I have an expected package that left Maryland on 5/30 via USPS Priority Mail

arrived in Chicago 5/31

arrived in the Chicago suburbs 6/1

no tracking activity until 6/4 stating it was in transit to next facility which I thought would have been my local PO which is less than 20 minutes from its previously reported location directly above  .... no, instead it shows 6/5 arrived in Detroit, MI network distribution center and now had supposedly departed ther for who knows where 

I understand shipping delays in this current environment but does this not seem totally messed up?

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

6 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

I have an expected package that left Maryland on 5/30 via USPS Priority Mail

arrived in Chicago 5/31

arrived in the Chicago suburbs 6/1

no tracking activity until 6/4 stating it was in transit to next facility which I thought would have been my local PO which is less than 20 minutes from its previously reported location directly above  .... no, instead it shows 6/5 arrived in Detroit, MI network distribution center and now had supposedly departed ther for who knows where 

I understand shipping delays in this current environment but does this not seem totally messed up?

I had a similar issue on a re-holder shipment from CGC through USPS. The tracker still says it will be delivered today but the postal truck came by 8 hours ago. There was also a big delay between 29MAY and 02JUN.

My assumption is they had to delay or divert trucks from their scheduled routes nationwide.

2 minutes ago, PickleRick1216 said:

I had a similar issue on a re-holder shipment from CGC through USPS. The tracker still says it will be delivered today but the postal truck came by 8 hours ago. There was also a big delay between 29MAY and 02JUN.

My assumption is they had to delay or divert trucks from their scheduled routes nationwide.

so it makes sense that a package that was 16 miles/29 minutes away from its destination needed to be routed 335 miles (or 5 hours) away?

I had a book "out for delivery" yesterday and later the tracking listed it as being returned to sender and then 12 minutes later tracked as delivered to mailbox. I asked the Post Office about it since it wasn't in my mailbox last night and they said it was marked as delivered like he didn't believe me. Jeebus! Hopefully it will pop up somewhere soon.