• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mego Figures from the 1970's
1 1

31 posts in this topic

My twin brother (ebay ID is megokid) probably has one of the largest Mego figure collections in Orlando.  I seem to recall a boardie who collects Mego's as well and whose collection might be even bigger than my brother's collection.  He is about to put some of his prized collection up for sale or trade.  He has boxed and carded, some extremely rare figures and many common.  I was always partial to the Star Trek aliens myself, but those are definitely not the most rare.  He has every known superhero, Universal movie monsters, and many, many more.  All collector quality.  When he told me that he needs to move some of these, I said "Hey, I know at least one boardie who has a huge Mego collection" so he asked me to reach out to see if you wanted to try to work something out (sale and/or trade) before he lists anywhere.  Please PM me if interested (and sorry I forgot which one of you is the Mego collector.  My use of the search function didn't yield any good results; but I know I will recognize the boardie name when I see it).

Cheers,
Dennis

Edited by apollobuzz
Brother corrected me on the exaggeration. Not one of largest in the states, but one of the largest local collections.

@G.A.tor
Rick, my brother will PM you tomorrow.  He hasn't logged into the boards for a while.  He did say he was humbled by the part of your Mego collection that you shared above.  I don't think he has any superheroes you don't already have (looks like you have them all).  He does have some of the rare Movie Monsters and Western Heroes figures as well as some of the vehicles and sets.

Cheers,
Dennis

32 minutes ago, apollobuzz said:

@G.A.tor
Rick, my brother will PM you tomorrow.  He hasn't logged into the boards for a while.  He did say he was humbled by the part of your Mego collection that you shared above.  I don't think he has any superheroes you don't already have (looks like you have them all).  He does have some of the rare Movie Monsters and Western Heroes figures as well as some of the vehicles and sets.

Cheers,
Dennis

Look forward to the pm. My collection contained every super hero and every US packaging variation at one point. But happy to hear from him 

18 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

love to see some pics of your brothers collection too. mego figures were always huge for me as a kid. i especially love the planet of the apes stuff and the star trek aliens. 

I always liked the Star Trek figures and the Planet of the Apes figures the best also.  I asked him to post pics to this thread when he gets a chance.  A lot of the vehicles and sets part of the collection is boxed up in a closet.  The figures are somewhat more accessible if I remember correctly.

Just to clear up some confusion from my brother's initial post, I am NOT selling off my collection. What you see in my pictures on my two bookcases are items in my collection that I'm keeping. The three main lines that I'm keeping are WGSH, POTA, and Star Trek. The parts of my collection that I am interested in trading (or possibly selling) are all the other lines (that are not pictured), or possibly items that you see in the pictures of my closet (vehicles, playsets, etc.). I really didn't plan on doing anything here since this is more of a comics forum; however, I would certainly consider trading from my comics collection to get carded WGSH figures. At some point, I will likely post pictures on the Mego Museum forum to initiate other trade opportunities; but because my beloved identical twin brother stirred up interest here already, you CGC boardies are getting the first chance. Just PM me with your thoughts if you are interested.

Thanks,
Dean

Sell me your Dark Tower....It looks like it's tucked away up on a shelf in the closet. :wishluck: