• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this rust?

8 posts in this topic

Ok, I know it’s going to be hard to tell for 100% certainty from these photos, but is this rust or just some dark discoloration to the top staple?

The book is NM/NM+ and has white pages, no foxing, discoloration, warping or any other evidence it was exposed to moisture. FC675DF9-3EF4-459B-8489-983CF554AEDF.thumb.jpeg.56a4c19043f336b1133b765e6dcaf459.jpeg

3C570083-B46E-4925-90DA-C71F172E0B2C.thumb.jpeg.fecf0e14931be219b32b438e21b5a41e.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Ok, I know it’s going to be hard to tell for 100% certainty from these photos, but is this rust or just some dark discoloration to the top staple?

My first thought was "it sure looks like rust." It even looks like it's transferred to the paper a little. 

Love your avatar, by the way. What a great show...  

Nuts. 

Other than that it’s a really sharp book. Was hoping to send it to CGC and get something in the NM or better range but if it’s rust that’s probably going to kill any chance of that.

Back to virtual box diving. *sigh*

9 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Nuts. 

Other than that it’s a really sharp book. Was hoping to send it to CGC and get something in the NM or better range but if it’s rust that’s probably going to kill any chance of that.

Back to virtual box diving. *sigh*

Do you mind sharing what the book is?

12 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Do you mind sharing what the book is?

Well, as long as you’re not worried about catching COVID19 from looking at the cover, sure. 

I’ll have to scan the book when I get home from work tonight. 

32 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Well, as long as you’re not worried about catching COVID19 from looking at the cover, sure. 

I’ll have to scan the book when I get home from work tonight. 

It looks like it's in gorgeous shape even with the tiny amount of rust.  Can't wait to see it.