• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Offered for sale - the single most important collectible in the history of the hobby!
6 6

150 posts in this topic

Nice Wood! 

I could kick myself 43 times for not pulling the trigger on the chance I had to buy the original cover art to TFT's 30😡 I was at a book show in Burbank 20-25 years ago and it was there for the taking. I believe it was $1500 or such. 🐒😡🙅🏾‍♂️I hummed and hawed and hummed and hawed and 😡 Didn't pull the money out of my pocket.

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG

Nice Wood! 

I could kick myself 43 times for not pulling the trigger on the chance I had to buy the original cover art to TFT's 30😡 I was at a book show in Burbank 20-25 years ago and it was there for the taking. I believe it was $1500 or such. 🐒😡🙅🏾‍♂️I hummed and hawed and hummed and hawed and 😡 Didn't pull the money out of my pocket.

17 minutes ago, telerites said:

Weren't you only seven or eight years old?  I think I am one or two years older than you.  

Did you have a table set up? B|

I was 11. '74 was my first Houston Con. First Mini Con and HCCA meeting was in '72.

34 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I was 11. '74 was my first Houston Con. First Mini Con and HCCA meeting was in '72.

Remember anything you bought there? -it would be at least 46 years old now

My experience with very  old comic bags is that after decades they became 'welded' shut at the top and I would have to scissor the comic out.

I used the  Robert Bell bags to put my Howard Rogofsky purchases in.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:45 PM, MrBedrock said:

The Robert Bell Bag!

yes, offered today, and today only, one complete, slightly used Robert Bell Bag! These bags were first offered for sale through comics in the 1960s. They were the first mass marketed comic book protection supply. The beautiful packaging, the elegant design, the high quality construction all blended to create an iconic item beloved by millions! And remembered fondly to this day.

Unfortunately, few examples of the Robert Bell Bag remain, and their numbers are dwindling.Lucky for you we were able to procure this specimen while grading and pricing a box of back issues while on quarantine.

And it can be yours for $5 shipped! Only one available! Don't delay!!!!

This would be like owning the first Apple computer. Fame and fortune would surely  follow