• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miscellaneous Golden Age Thread
4 4

18 posts in this topic

I'm just going to go through the boxes and see what catches my eye to throw on the boards today and the next few days. 

Usual Rules - no HOSers, Probies, or bad people in general. Snarky, ok, but not bad.

PayPal up to $999, over that prefer Check or Money order, but has to clear bank before books sent. Under $999 can pay by Check or Money order as well.

Shipping is in descriptions - meaning some include shipping, some do not. Read descriptions carefully and if not sure, ask.

No returns unless I missed (or misrepresented) something. 

I listen to all offers, but may not accept them. Trades may be considered - I like GFC ECs and goofy 50's Sci-Fi books. But I am not looking to actually spend money, so any offers of trades must be of lesser or equal value to the book(s) I list.

Thanks! Enjoy!

Edited by Qua-Brot

Will this be a crappable thread?  I don't see a disclaimer in your rules. 

I'll start off with a big book. And by big, I mean BIG!

Xmas Comics 1 (1941) Fawcett Giant comic. This is, per OSPG, not remaindered books as was usual for giant or annual comics back in the day, but it was published at the same time as the comics included. Which were, Whiz 21, Captain Marvel 3, Bulletman 2, Wow 3 and Master Comics 18. Cover art by Raboy. I am going to go with this being a 2.0, has tape on cover (obviously) and pieces missing from bottom right front cover and top left back cover, but spine is solid, all pages attached, complete and nice supple cream pages. Would do well with a press and maybe have someone remove the tape (which I may do if I have it much longer). Not a common book - no GPA sales, ONE universally graded (at 1.0!) and 2 restored on census (with the highest at 3.5, and that is being offered on the Bay for $2,000). And it's 3/4" thick!!!

Asking a paltry $795 shipped in CONUS.

CGC417.jpg

CGC418.jpg

20200427_200631.jpg

3 minutes ago, Qua-Brot said:

Isn't that like an unwritten rule that you shouldn't threadcrap? 

hm That must be why I've never read that...., 

Now back to selling comics!

Adventures of the Dover Boys, 1. Yeah, I aint never heard of them neither. But I guess they were a Hardy Boys type thing. This is a high grade copy, 7.5 to 8.0. Nice book and it's from 1950 so definitely Golden Age, and definitely miscellaneous! No GPA and not seeing anything else. Asking $50, I guess shipped in CONUS. 

CGC419.jpg

CGC420.jpg

Next a pair of books, because I don't want to be stuck with issue # 2! 

My Greatest Adventure 1 and 2. 1 is 6.0, 2 is also even though structurally its better but has writing at top on both front and back covers. 1 has some rubbing on the spine but no splits or holes, looks great. last GPA sales - 1 a 6.5 went for $660 last year and 2 in 4.5 went for $255 last year.  Asking $900 for the pair. 

CGC421.jpg

CGC422.jpg

CGC423.jpg

CGC424.jpg

Another pair, because again I don't want to be stuck with #2!!!

Fox and the Crow 1 and 2! 1 is about 3.0, 2 is 4.0, and together they are quite the pair! Complete and fully attached, nice pair of lower grade books. 1 recently had a 2.5 sell for $155, 2 had a very high grade copy sell so that has nothing to do with this one. Asking $225 Shipped in CONUS.

CGC425.jpg

CGC426.jpg

CGC427.jpg

CGC428.jpg

1 hour ago, Qua-Brot said:

Now back to selling comics!

Adventures of the Dover Boys, 1. Yeah, I aint never heard of them neither. But I guess they were a Hardy Boys type thing. This is a high grade copy, 7.5 to 8.0. Nice book and it's from 1950 so definitely Golden Age, and definitely miscellaneous! No GPA and not seeing anything else. Asking $50, I guess shipped in CONUS. 

CGC419.jpg

CGC420.jpg

:takeit: 

13 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

I should charge more, right?

I mean, you would just be takin' care of business. I would hate for it to roll on down the highway and you be upset that you didn't charge more so you shout "hey you" and regret selling it. After all, you would just be lookin out for number 1.

I'm done.....

Edited by comicginger1789

Ok, here is a nice little group of Matt Baker books - The Hawk 8, 9, 10 and 11. If'n I had 12 then it would be the whole Baker's bunch, but I aint got it. But these are great books, 8 and 11 have Baker covers, 9 and 10 have Baker cover AND interior art. Number 10 even has a pair of Baker babes on the cover - small ones, but they are definitely his! Low grades, running from 2.5/3.0 to 4.0 (9 being the 4.0). Asking $150 for the four - a bargain! (plus $5 shipping CONUS - still a bargain!)

20200428_225053.jpg

20200428_225232.jpg

20200428_225329.jpg

20200428_225412.jpg

If this was a Horror comic it would be hot hot hot. But, it's a Western, so it's cold cold cold. BUT - the reason it would have been a killer horror book is because the cover is LB Cole (supposedly) and the first story is drawn by Jay Disbrow! But it's still a Western . . .

Blazing Western 5 4.0 asking $20 plus $5 shipping in CONUS.

20200428_225559.jpg

20200428_225529.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot