• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time payments on ebay...Have you done it? What was your experience?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Was that how a certain board member got himself in trouble or was that with a PayPal loan? 

Buzz, I have no idea.  I've done PP credit before - no interest for six months but never a loan.  At least with PP credit which is an accepted form to pay on Ebay, the seller is safe since they are paid in full and then it is the responsibility of the buyer to fulfill the payment to PP.  

I do think there the purchase has to be at least $99 for the PP credit option.

31 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

:eek:    (tsk)

I wound up looking that one up... PayPal business loan - took some time to find 

On 4/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, Raze said:

Hi guys!

Last night I received a message from someone on ebay asking about time payments via ebay.

Ive never done time payments on anything ever and dont know how it works or if you can even do them on ebay.

So I guess Im asking this

1. Can you do time payments on ebay?

2. What is your experience with time payments on ebay.

3. What sort or rules should be imposed. The buyer asked about doing 3 payments every other week. 

4. Anything that you might think that would be helpful in making my decision!

and since its an Ebay question @kav will say @Buzzetta ...I got this for you kav!!!

This seems like another way in the millions ways to get in debt

On 4/28/2020 at 9:42 AM, shadroch said:

That is so wrong. As long as you can afford the interest, I say go for it.  Why be denied something you want just because you can't pay for it.  Why is it horrible to discriminate against race or religion or who a person sleeps with but it's considered good business to do so against the poor? 

Who said anything about race or religion or anybody’s sleeping partners? And if you are “poor” why would you be buying comic books you can’t afford? Seems a little stupid to me. 

My comment was based upon several transactions I had with irresponsible customers who neglected to meet their part of an agreed upon transaction. Terms were laid out and the customer didn’t meet their responsibility without me having to prod them. One of them, after the third reminder lost his initial down payment. I had the contract in writing. Do I want to go to court? No but I would win. 

There are folks who during a payment program are still looking at and buying other books. Some times trying to sell other books to pay off others. Stalling and stretching it out. 

I just prefer not to do it either way.

A word of advice... I recently retired. The past few years, I have sacrificed and paid off all my debts (other than my mortgage). I was asked often by co-workers at my last job why I didn’t buy a new car or take vacations in the last few years I worked there. I did so in order to be able to retire from “working for the man”. Now, even though I don’t really have to, I do a little freelance work and sell a little junk when I feel like it. And those folks are still there (many hating it), to pay off their debts...

And, I still don’t buy things I can’t afford...