• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Absolute Carnage #1 Variant for the Cates Stegman signing - THE GRADE IS IN

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I bought this raw copy on eBay as it looked mint in the pictures.  It still appears that way to me, but wanted to run it by the experts on these boards.  The only defects I see is the minor issue with the top corner of the spine, there's a single tick that is small and doesn't appear to be color breaking (hard to tell with white ink) and there is very faint spine wear.  I have books at a 9.8 with this degree of spine wear and the corner issue.

Link to high res photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AggQR3sN5Torvs716

Thanks in advance!  And once I get this back I will post the grade.

Absolute Carnage 1 Front Cover.jpg

Absolute Carnage 1 Front Cover 1:4.jpg

Absolute Carnage 1 Front Cover 2:4.jpg

Absolute Carnage 1 Front Cover 3:4.jpg

Absolute Carnage 1 Front Cover 4:4.jpg

Absolute Carnage 1 Back Cover.jpg

Absolute Carnage 1 Back Cover 1:4.jpg

Absolute Carnage 1 Back Cover 2:4.jpg

Absolute Carnage 1 Back Cover 3:4.jpg

Absolute Carnage 1 Back Cover 4:4.jpg

IMG_20200429_134358.jpg

IMG_20200429_134444.jpg

Edited by evolpe79
Added the final grade of the book

1 hour ago, Deadpoolica said:

spine wear is what has me thinking 9.6 too.  I just checked the listing and they listed it as NM/NM+.  I was hoping they were under grading it.  I can still hope I get a nice surprise from the graders when it comes back. 

Do you think I should have it pressed?  If the one dent comes out and all that is left of the defects is in the spine, could it help my chances at a 9.8?  Or do you think the spine wear is too severe to make a 9.8 within itself?

I don't think the defects on this book are the sort that can be remedied by pressing. But I tend to be a pressing pessimist (pressimist?) in general, so if you feel it's worth the expense to attempt, it's certainly your prerogative.

Also, I'll side with the masses here. This book's a 9.6.