• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Initiative - Writer's Signature - How beneficial?

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

The Hero Initiative 100 Project Covers have created many great sketch covers across many big name franchises.  Do you think getting the Writer of the book's signature through Signature Series would increase the desirability of these issues much?   Because each is unique by Artist, the cover itself is the big draw, with some truly amazing examples being very sought after (and valuable)... and of course subjective.   Would you place more value on having the writer's signature on the book?  If the "typical" Hero Initiative book sold for $1,000 and the signing/submission expenses to get the Writer's signature were $100... would you place $100 more value on the book?   Or should a collector only do this if it is of personal preference and likely won't affect the value?   Opinions welcome :)

Edited by BladeTX

For me, 100% of the value for the Hero Initiative books is the specific artist's work on that specific blank for that specific event.  Any extra signatures or inking or coloring that may happen after the fact hold no extra appeal to me and would actually serve as a deterrent for purchase.  

My 2c

To each his own I guess. But I am with Adam and Troy. It’s a 100% turnoff for me.

Once a I saw these 2 on eBay with extra sigs and their placements, I kept on scrolling. So for me, as a rabid collector of Hero sketches, that says a lot.