• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top cinematic superhero fight sequences?

52 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2020 at 4:52 PM, adampasz said:

1. Infinity War - Battle in NY
2. Civil War - Airport Battle
3. Man of Steel - Final Battle

Honorable Mention:
Spider-Man 2 - Train Scene
Superman II - Metropolis Battle

Superman vs Zod from the Donner movie blew me away when I was little.

MCU
Iron Man 2: Iron Man and War Machine vs the drones in the dome. Brief, but I love it.
Iron Man 3: Iron Man battling Killian/etc with all of those different suits at the docks.
The Winter Soldier: The highway/street battle before Cap reveals Bucky's face.
Age of Ultron: "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"
Ragnarok: Right when Thor has his vision with Odin, revealing that Mjolnir was never his source of strength.
Infinity War: Any scenes fighting against Thanos. Opening, Knowhere, Titan. Also; Thor's entrance in Wakanda.
Endgame: The Big 3 vs Thanos.
Far From Home: Spider-Man vs the drones on the bridge before he "kills" Mysterio.

Worlds of DC
Man of Steel: All of the fight scenes.
Dawn of Justice: All of the fight scenes.

Other
Logan: Wolverine vs X-24.

At this rate, the title of this thread should be changed to "List Cinematic Superhero Fights".  Most of this thread seems to be just throwing stuff against the wall.  lol

My personal favorites aside, I think a contender for greatest cinematic superhero fight is from X2 where Wolverine goes beserker rage on Stryker's men in the X-mansion. Hugh Jackman's Wolverine finally reminded me of the guy from the comics and there was the added tension of the students in danger and Logan's mysterious origins at hand. For me, this scene defined the cinematic Wolverine who was arguably one of the best cast movie superheroes ever.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

My personal favorites aside, I think a contender for greatest cinematic superhero fight is from X2 where Wolverine goes beserker rage on Stryker's men in the X-mansion. Hugh Jackman's Wolverine finally reminded me of the guy from the comics and there was the added tension of the students in danger and Logan's mysterious origins at hand. For me, this scene defined the cinematic Wolverine who was arguably one of the best cast movie superheroes ever.

This is what I came here to read!  :headbang:  Give us a solid scene and give a reason it's one of your favorites.  That was a great scene.  Up until that point, we never saw Wolverine really let loose on anyone.  In this scene, he goes crazy on a bunch of armed/armored goons and all in the name of protecting the kids. 

For me, this scene gets bonus points for being the first and still most comic-accurate portrayal of Colossus we've seen on screen.  Later appearances in this series went to a weird shiny bodysuit look.  The Deadpool version looks more technologically refined for sure, but the X2 version had the luster along with the darker flat-top and the some semblance of the horizontal lines we often see in the comics. 

220px-Colossus_X2.jpg.862978d270c7c49a140103550af7672b.jpg

19 hours ago, Turtle said:

At this rate, the title of this thread should be changed to "List Cinematic Superhero Fights".  Most of this thread seems to be just throwing stuff against the wall.  lol

Not really. These are scenes people have strong attachments to because they were so impactful.

Heck, some get fired up over the 1990 Shredder battle.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Not really. These are scenes people have strong attachments to because they were so impactful.

Heck, some get fired up over the 1990 Shredder battle.

You know the way to my heart.  :x

This scene is 30 years old this year.  It's still amazing the level of realism they were able to achieve on the Turtle suits.  To achieve what they did using 100% practical effects is mind-blowing to me. 

Still the best TMNT movie to date by a long shot.  The whole thing is great.  The fight scene is just the cherry on top.