• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern 76 Appreciation Club
2 2

38 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Not one but TWO people wrote on my copy...

I think, when I bought this back around '90, it was a personal record for how much I had ever spent on a single comic.  $15, if I recall correctly.

GL_GA_76.jpg

so awesome!

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Not one but TWO people wrote on my copy...

I think, when I bought this back around '90, it was a personal record for how much I had ever spent on a single comic.  $15, if I recall correctly.

GL_GA_76.jpg

One of my favorite comics of all time …. I was going insane from plans and schemes of how to scrape up the money to swing Axmen's 9.4 copy a few weeks ago.... if only I had one of the early stimulus checks …  GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

GL76 has hit rock bottom. I recall when 9.4s would sell for 10K easy and 9.6s sold for like 30K several years back...

Last night a 9.6 sold for under $7400 on ComicLink

00011701696000112120217005.jpg

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1421192

Edited by Gotham Kid

11 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

GL76 has hit rock bottom. I recall when 9.4s would sell for 10K easy and 9.6s sold for like 30K several years back...

Last night a 9.6 sold for under $7400 on ComicLink

00011701696000112120217005.jpg

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1421192

every dog has its day

Edited by littledoom

I love this book and always wanted one signed by Neal Adams. I traded my 7.5 for this 5.0 SS.
One thing that stands out to me on this book In general is that in order to get the logo to be properly centered, you need to have a white strip down the spine side otherwise the L in Lantern is too close to the spine and the W in Arrow is too far away from the right edge. Weird.

482E2579-4F6A-4E62-9BB7-E1F221C09E3A.jpeg

Edited by justin

1 minute ago, Popeyeak49 said:

GL 76 was the first back issue I ever purchased after my Uncle introduced me to comic book collecting. I purchased this raw about 35 years ago and recently had it graded. It isn’t high grade but it’s one of my favorites. 

B3DDC24B-9A8D-4BE4-8D5A-013A98D2A5E4.jpeg

and it has a story ^^ I have noted the first I have had slabbed, first submitted for yellow label, first I bought already graded lol I cherish and still have all of them :headbang:

It's worth noting my GL #76 is also a 6.5, and I'm happy with it too!

You may have heard something to this effect before, but Neal Adams had some comments related to why the series was cancelled.  This may not be accurate, but still interesting. He claims that for some "art" issues like his and Steranko's (X-Men, SHIELD) around that time, distributors were selling cases to speculators of sorts, in unethical transactions.  Since fewer copies were reaching newsstands, sales were not registering as they should have -- so the lower sales numbers doomed the series.

I have to question how that type of activity would've affected accounting -- I mean how would those transactions affect the reported "unsold," did the case copies get reported as such?

Edited by EC Star&Bar