• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Order Shipped To CGC
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Morning Guys and Gals! So I shipped my first order to CGC earlier this week. Man does anyone else hand over the box to ship it and just a small part of you dies on the inside? I've never been a what if guy (Unless reading the What If Series), However, I can breathe a little easier after I show it was delivered. Does that get better? HAHA

On 4/30/2020 at 9:19 AM, Gabbert319 said:

Morning Guys and Gals! So I shipped my first order to CGC earlier this week. Man does anyone else hand over the box to ship it and just a small part of you dies on the inside? I've never been a what if guy (Unless reading the What If Series), However, I can breathe a little easier after I show it was delivered. Does that get better? HAHA

Only once you get them back...

I trust CGC!...pick up and delivery carrier? Not so much, that's why I insure it high! I think UPS threw this one out of an airplane...then had me sign on drop off. CGC hooked me up though! New case, no charge...and fast!

909.jpg

0900.jpg

22.jpg

On 5/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, MLesniewski said:

Hello All.  Very excited about sending in my first order.  I have a factory sealed comic still in the bag and the question I have is do I need to remove from the bag before sending to be graded?

yeah its best to remove it as CGC will take it out of the bag to grade it and will probably toss out the bag. Also its a good idea to check the condition of the book outside of the bag as it could have damaged unseen in the bag. This might then affect your decision to grade and would let you get a good assessment of whether it is worth it to grade. Many people grade for many different reasons. 

Also yes comics can get damaged in factory sealed bags and could also lose page quality, majority of the bags are not archival. To preserve it, its best to remove it and stick it in mylar with a acid free board as that is more archival safe than cheap plastic that breaks down and could yellow and damage the book etc.. 

Any ways welcome to the boards. Cheers

:tink:

• Administrator
On 5/7/2020 at 11:48 AM, Trifisherjoe said:

I trust CGC!...pick up and delivery carrier? Not so much, that's why I insure it high! I think UPS threw this one out of an airplane...then had me sign on drop off. CGC hooked me up though! New case, no charge...and fast!

909.jpg

0900.jpg

22.jpg

I am glad to hear that this issue was resolved even though it was out of the control of CGC. I am sure you are meticulous like the rest of us but I always inform everyone to closely inspect your package before accepting delivery. You will rarely encounter issues but checking for tampering and damage is vital before signing for the package!

Kind of nervous myself. I am thinking it out as far as sending in the book. I would hate to have it lost. I know it is best for the book to be encapsulated, so I am leaning toward this. It is just my stomach getting all knotted up when I think about handing the book over. 

Hello All,

Last week I send my second order of book to CGC. First order got there without a problem. My second order has me concerned. I got the USPS text update that it arrived at Sarasota P.O. box 34230 Great! Then about 2 hours later got another USPS update saying in was " Delivered Left with Individual" at a totally different zip code 34236 also in Sarasota. Anyone ever experience this before?  Scared my books are out there lost or delivered to wrong address. Thanks in advance for your reply.