• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Improved GPA Launched... thoughts?
3 3

30 posts in this topic

GPA has went live with new improvements... looks like most, if not all the major requests have been addressed. :golfclap:

I'm sure there will be a few glitches, but it looks like what most everyone asked for.

Edited by BronzeBruce13

Samples...

• Filtering Selections Remembered during session

• Universal, Restored/Conserved, Qualified and Signature Series now with CGC accurate colors

• Live Listings Separated... but with toggle option to see or not them within the grade you're analyzing

• Quicker Access to the Grade/Sales Breakdowns being Analyzed

GPA_1.png

GPA_2.png

GPA_3.png

GPA_4.png

GPA_5.png

Edited by BronzeBruce13

A few days ago, I posted in another thread that I didn't like to have to sign in every time.  Now, when I visit the site, I am signed in.  The problem is, everything is frozen, and I can't type anything in the box.  I have to log out, and sign in again.  :frown:

8 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

A few days ago, I posted in another thread that I didn't like to have to sign in every time.  Now, when I visit the site, I am signed in.  The problem is, everything is frozen, and I can't type anything in the box.  I have to log out, and sign in again.  :frown:

I'm not experiencing that. Have you tried flushing cookies and cache, restarting?

Just now, BronzeBruce13 said:

I'm not experiencing that. Have you tried flushing cookies and cache, restarting?

No.  I have never done that with any site since I first fired up a computer in 2002.  I hit refresh a few times but, that didn't work.

4 minutes ago, BronzeBruce13 said:
30 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

These need to be off by default. 

1.png.1a12cf1b05b7b00d0c7f51e2021c8246.png

That's kind of a minor thing... some may like SS, etc. to start.  It just takes 2 seconds to cater your filter to your needs for your session...not bad, right?

I propose that those how like starting with SS, Restored/Conserved, Qualified are by far in the minority.

Also, those filers don't stick for an entire session, only when searching within a title.  That is, if I clear SS, Restored/Conserved, Qualified for Action Comics, I can look at five different Action Comics and those filters will remain cleared.

If I switch over to Adventure Comics, those filters will be checked. 

46 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

These need to be off by default. 

1.png.1a12cf1b05b7b00d0c7f51e2021c8246.png

I agree that the default should not be all 4 boxes checked. If just Universal is checked, that would be ok. Or even better, allow for User Preferences to dictate what is checked. 

Overall, I like the Blue "UNI" and the other improvements. (thumbsu

Edited by Chazgee

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I propose that those how like starting with SS, Restored/Conserved, Qualified are by far in the minority.

Also, those filers don't stick for an entire session, only when searching within a title.  That is, if I clear SS, Restored/Conserved, Qualified for Action Comics, I can look at five different Action Comics and those filters will remain cleared.

If I switch over to Adventure Comics, those filters will be checked. 

It actually does let you jump from title to title with your filter selections in place. Might be a cookies/cache thing.

2 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I like that they changed the universal grades to a blue box that says UNI and that you can search history of multiple grades like the old GPA.  Thank you @gpanalysis!

I just noticed this too Doc! Sorry I didn't realize what you meant initially.

You can have multiple "Grade Windows" of the same issue open at the same time now (like before). I can't show it well on a screen grab because the graphs take up too much space.

Thanks for posting that

2 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Is the site more responsive now? That remained a big complaint since the first relaunch.

I think so. But, tbh I (and others) didn't have that issue on the relaunch... but I remember many did. I'm moving along at a great pace. I really believe some of those issues back then were due to some users not flushing cookies and cache and restarting their computers. Also, I recall a more technical explanation regarding "pathways" not being established yet in certain "less busy" areas being another cause. I'm no techie, but that made some sense. Give it a try and let us know how you fare.