• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Improved GPA Launched... thoughts?
3 3

30 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, BronzeBruce13 said:

I think so. But, tbh I (and others) didn't have that issue on the relaunch... but I remember many did. I'm moving along at a great pace. I really believe some of those issues back then were due to some users not flushing cookies and cache and restarting their computers. Also, I recall a more technical explanation regarding "pathways" not being established yet in certain "less busy" areas being another cause. I'm no techie, but that made some sense. Give it a try and let us know how you fare.

You were a beta tester and have seemed rather predisposed to supporting the site. No offense at all intended, but I would rather hear from folks were previously disappointed.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

3 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

You were a beta tester and have seemed rather predisposed to supporting the site. No offense at all intended, but I would rather here from folks were previously disappointed.

I totally get that David, no offense taken... but it's the truth. I didn't have an issue with speed initially or since. I wouldn't say so otherwise. But, we'll undoubtedly get some new feedback from those considered less biased on that specific issue.

24 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

Is it just me?  All the universal grades show up purple instead of blue on my Mac.

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 6.04.42 PM.png

Well, now it's blue.  I guess it's a work in progress.

20 hours ago, BronzeBruce13 said:

I think so. But, tbh I (and others) didn't have that issue on the relaunch... but I remember many did. I'm moving along at a great pace. I really believe some of those issues back then were due to some users not flushing cookies and cache and restarting their computers. Also, I recall a more technical explanation regarding "pathways" not being established yet in certain "less busy" areas being another cause. I'm no techie, but that made some sense. Give it a try and let us know how you fare.

Weird... mine has been blue the whole time and I'm on a Mac running an older OS 10.10.5. Has it been blue since your post?

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 4.38.46 PM.png

I personally liked having the live listings interspersed with the analysis data along with the Live Listings tab to just see them.

If I am looking for a certain grade, I liked seeing if one might be available instead of having to do another click to see the live listings.

23 minutes ago, telerites said:

I personally liked having the live listings interspersed with the analysis data along with the Live Listings tab to just see them.

If I am looking for a certain grade, I liked seeing if one might be available instead of having to do another click to see the live listings.

And... that is a perfect example of how its impossible to please everyone with every feature. Poor George, lol. Even with a 75 to 25 approval... 25% of subscribers are unhappy.

The vast majority of people who commented here when the new GPA was launched vehemently disliked the "Live Listings" forced upon them within the "Sales Data" tab... and I get it. On bigger keys the live listings list was long and it was cumbersome to scroll to the data below. I was in support of the data being separated as it is now. Users that are predominantly "sellers" are going to feel that way, similarly to those that mostly buy/collect would prefer the listings "handier", as you did.

Did you see that there is a toggle within the grade you're analyzing to see the "Live Listings" (if available in that grade) without having to go to the "Live Listings" tab?

Slightly improved, just a little less horrible.  Filters need to be off by default, Universal only on, or be able to set your preferences.  Need more filters to get rid of Pedigrees, Newsstand, and Quirks (signed on case, cracked case, listed as a 9.6 when it was a 9.8, and any other minutia).  Again, set them if you want them, don't get hit with them if you hate them.  Do I need to know it's a Japanese Edition?  What's it even doing there??? 

The selection method per title, still terrible.  Scrolling through hundreds of issue numbers to find yours, still ridiculous.  Not being able to type in the title with issue number and just going there, incompetent.  These are basic things.  How were they not in the original design, never mind the inadequacies still hanging around like stinky cheese?

Edited by Lightning55

8 hours ago, BronzeBruce13 said:

And... that is a perfect example of how its impossible to please everyone with every feature. Poor George, lol. Even with a 75 to 25 approval... 25% of subscribers are unhappy.

The vast majority of people who commented here when the new GPA was launched vehemently disliked the "Live Listings" forced upon them within the "Sales Data" tab... and I get it. On bigger keys the live listings list was long and it was cumbersome to scroll to the data below. I was in support of the data being separated as it is now. Users that are predominantly "sellers" are going to feel that way, similarly to those that mostly buy/collect would prefer the listings "handier", as you did.

Did you see that there is a toggle within the grade you're analyzing to see the "Live Listings" (if available in that grade) without having to go to the "Live Listings" tab?

I totally understand.  Before I retired, I was involved in some usability testing and I appreciate the effort to listen to users.  I was an advocate of the initial changes and still think it is great.  

I have been a subscriber for a long time -- kudos to George and all those involved for all the efforts and service.

Edited by telerites