• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Confined to Quarters Part 2
7 7

255 posts in this topic

Month two of confined to quarters... Surprisingly, month two has passed quicker than month one. Got a few more I'm afraid. No idea as to when I will be able to hit the estate sales, flea markets and antique shows though or what they will be like when I can. Thusly, not able to find a lot of new stuff to offer. Made one good buy a few weeks ago but am digging a little deeper in the boxes and even looking at my collection with a little more thought. I need to stay busy and this is a good way to do it.

Back to a more scattered approach to this one. I will have some PA,GA,SA, Pulps and some well you know cool "junk". Since I can't get to shows, I might as well try some of the stuff I've been putting away here.

One thing this has taught me and speaking to a lot of buddies in the business, is that although we miss the "stuff", we mostly miss each other. Jiving and comparing stories, finds and helping each other out at shows. The stuff is cool, but the experiences we share as collectors and dealers are far more important. OK, on with the show.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $6.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. Things other than comics and larger orders will be calculated for the most economical way. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

I will accept PayPal, checks and money orders.   

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) But NO Covid-19.  Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Whiz Comics #66 July 1945

War Bonds cover!

Bright, solid, complete copy. This book has seen some water. Staples are rusty and migrate to neatly detached centerfold and cover. Some light wrinkles, tiny edge tears but no pieces missing, major tears or creases. Has a slight "musty" smell. Nice, off white interior pages.

$40.

whiz1.jpg

whiz2.jpg

SOLD!

Strange Adventures #92 May 1958

Fun cover from that great period for this title!

A very pretty copy! Flat, bright, VERY glossy and tight. Has a few tiny spine nicks, light bend in bottom left corner and a tiny spot in upper back cover. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Fresh, supple interior paper. A beautiful example. Hard to find these this nice.

$100.

strangeadvs92a.jpg

strangeadvs92b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Skeezix and Uncle Walt 1924 Reilly and Lee Co

Has the Origin of Skeezix! Fun Platinum Age Book. A truly simpler time. Features a now non PC Black Maid featured in story.

A Nice, clean, tight copy. Has full, tight, well bound cloth spine. A tiny amount of minor wear. Has some small paint? spots on back cover. Has a cute Christmas inscription inside on first page from Grand Nana and Pappa. Everyone should have a few PA books in their collection especially considering this is almost a hundred years old and so cheap.

Was $35.   Now $25.

skeezixunclewalt1.jpg

skeezixunclewalt2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Strange Tales of the Unusual #5 Aug 1956

A rare Matt Fox Atlas cover. Crandall and Ditko interior stories.

A worn but complete copy. Small chips and creases around edges. Spine is almost neatly detached and just hanging on by a thread. Creamy but supple interior paper with a well attached centerfold.

$30.

strangetalesunusual1.jpg

strangetalesunusual2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Amazing Stories Pulp August 1946

Beautiful large naked woman cover. Awsome Paul back cover!

A very nice copy right out of my collection. Square, tight spine with full paper and no fade. Complete, bright covers. Worst fault in a small, neat tear at bottom left corner about 1-1/2" long. A few very minor edge overhang tears as usual. No chips or pieces missing. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but fresh and supple.

$30.

pulpamazingaugust1.jpg

pulpamazingaugust2.jpg

pulpamazingaugust3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Giant Size Avengers #1 Aug 1974

Very, pretty probably un-read copy. Has a couple very tiny spine bends and a couple small ink scuff marks on back cover. Tightly bound with sharp corners and fresh white to off white interior pages.

Was $70.   Now $60.

avengersgiant1.jpg

avengersgiant2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Battle #16 1953 Atlas Pubs

Super violent bayonet cover. Also has a classic Hitler story by Russ Heath. (guide is wrong as it lists #17 having this story).

A bit worn but complete, bright copy. Has numerous small creases, edge tears, a couple of extra staples and some spine wear. No pieces missing and nice color. Still well attached to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple. Atlas war like this is hot right now!

$35.

battle1.jpg

battle2.jpg

battle3.jpg

battle4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Frisky Fables V3#4 July 1947

Classic Al Fago American Flag 4th of July cover! One of the better covers in the run. One of the things I miss about comic cons, is box digging books like this. So under rated...

A very nice, clean, flat, bright complete copy. Has a small upper right corner crease. Very minor spine rubbing. No other creases, tears or pieces missing. A tight copy with covers well bound to contents. Slightly yellowed but supple interior pages.

Was $45.   Now $40.

friskyfables1.jpg

friskyfables2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

26 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Amazing Stories Pulp August 1946

Beautiful large naked woman cover. Awsome Paul back cover!

A very nice copy right out of my collection. Square, tight spine with full paper and no fade. Complete, bright covers. Worst fault in a small, neat tear at bottom left corner about 1-1/2" long. A few very minor edge overhang tears as usual. No chips or pieces missing. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but fresh and supple.

$30.

pulpamazingaugust1.jpg

pulpamazingaugust2.jpg

pulpamazingaugust3.jpg

I'll take it!

1976 DC Super Friends Metal Lunch Box

Features all the DC characters of the era. Colorful and bright.

Has some minor color scuffing and spotting here and there. Corners are nice with no denting. Christa Lee Shaw lightly scratched her name with Room K on top edge of one side. Inside is a bit dirty and has some stickers attached. Could probably be cleaned up pretty easily if desired. A great piece that would be gone quick if I could be at my flea market space...

Was $50.   Still $50 a deal!

toysuperherolb1.jpg

toysuperherolb2.jpg

toysuperherolb3.jpg

toysuperherolb4.jpg

toysuperherolb5.jpg

toysuperherolb6.jpg

toysuperherolb7.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

42 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Battle #16 1953 Atlas Pubs

Super violent bayonet cover. Also has a classic Hitler story by Russ Heath. (guide is wrong as it lists #17 having this story).

A bit worn but complete, bright copy. Has numerous small creases, edge tears, a couple of extra staples and some spine wear. No pieces missing and nice color. Still well attached to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple. Atlas war like this is hot right now!

$35.

battle1.jpg

battle2.jpg

battle3.jpg

battle4.jpg

:takeit: