• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Confined to Quarters Part 2
7 7

255 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, JollyComics said:
24 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

lol It's not even in possession  yet!

Well. I know that. Let me know if you want to get out of trouble

:cool: You mean have it dropped ship to you for $800? hm

Man, the boards are SLOW the past couple days. Very few posts, hardly anybody posting any interesting books for sale. Nobody posting buys or finds. Maybe it's the end of the world as we once knew it...

I got one more pile I had pulled out and got photos. Probably going to be it as I don't see much action here this time. Can't see much reason to dig out much more. Unless you prove me wrong.

First one coming up in about 15 minutes...

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Does it feel kinda like Ground hog day to anyone else???

Got a two and a half mile power hike in the hills with the dog this a.m., had some honey/lemon tea, now I'm listening to Cheap Trick - Live at Budokan while I reconstruct my parachute/paratrooper cover list that was lost several computer crashes back!  :banana: 

It's a great day so far! :banana: 

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Man, the boards are SLOW the past couple days. Very few posts, hardly anybody posting any interesting books for sale. Nobody posting buys or finds. Maybe it's the end of the world as we once knew it...

I got one more pile I had pulled out and got photos. Probably going to be it as I don't see much action here this time. Can't see much reason to dig out much more. Unless you prove me wrong.

First one coming up in about 15 minutes...

I've boughten more than  you deserve :baiting: 

It looks like a great time to run a thread!

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Got a two and a half mile power hike in the hills with the dog this a.m., had some honey/lemon tea, now I'm listening to Cheap Trick - Live at Budokan while I reconstruct my parachute/paratrooper cover list that was lost several computer crashes back!  :banana: 

It's a great day so far! :banana: 

Had a great day yesterday. Got together with a first responder, an outlaw 1%er, and a couple other biker buddies for a ride. We took our vintage bikes for a roll down coast highway in Huntington and Newport Beach taunting the protestors. Somebody has to represent the majority of folks doing the right thing. Nothing like the loud rumble of 6 Harleys with signs and middle fingers to drown out their clueless, selfish political protesting. Made about 4 runs until a smiling cop told us we should probably move on...:roflmao:

SOLD!

OK, got some of the living here, in the immortal words of Gary Gilmore "Let's do it"...

Whiz Comics #150 Oct 1952

Pretty scarce later issue. Looks like the good Captain is now fighting our newest problem, the killer wasps...

Very poorly bound like most Fawcetts of the period. At least this one has a pretty decent well bound spine. Has a long top to bottom spine crease. Right side of cover has a long strip that wasn't printed. Not a bad wrap, just bad regrestration. Seems they knew they were on the way out and didn't care much. Low distribution probably makes there late issues a little scarce. Small piece out of top of spine. A few small bottom creases and a couple tiny edge tears. Very slight bottom staple discoloration. Some light pink ink transfer on back cover. Spine is tight and well bound to book. No major problems otherwise. Interior pages are yellowed but supple. A few of them have small pieces out of edge that do not affect art or stories.

$35.

whiz150a.jpg

whiz150b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Georgie #28 Dec 1950

One of the best covers in this run. "Hot for Teacher"!

Has a small piece out of right side of front cover. Some very light stains in bottom of cover. Book and centerfold neatly detached. A few minor spine tears and spine very slightly rolled. Nice color, slightly off white interior paper. A very readable and collectible copy of this classic.

Was $35.   Now $30.

georgie1.jpg

georgie2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Dollman #41 Aug 1952

Classic horror transition Headless cover and story. Crandall art. Torchy story for added spice! Great period for Quality Comics.

Top part of cover has some water scuffing in top of the purple area. A few cover scuffs, tiny edge tears and light wear. Book is bright and very well bound. No other tears or creases worth mentioning. No splits or pieces missing. Nice interior paper, supple with no damage.

$65.

dollman1.jpg

dollman2.jpg

dollman3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Lorna The Jungle Queen #14 July 1955

Colletta/Maneely cover. Full of GGA and bondage. Under rated series...

Very bright copy with gloss. Lots of weird, light cover creases. Has an 1-1/2" lower spine split. Some tiny edge and spine tears. Cover is still attached but weak. Centerfold is snug. Nice interior paper.

$25.

lorna1.jpg

lorna2.jpg

lorna3.jpg

lorna4.jpg

He-Man #2 July 1954

Great shark cover. Love this one. Cool short run title (2 issues). First issue also has a great cover as well.

Small piece out of right side. Has a 2" tear in back cover. Several very small, neat edge creases and creases. Book and centerfold are bound to covers. Nice interior paper.

Was $25.   Now $20.

heman1.jpg

heman2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Marvel Tales #96 June 1950

Very early Marvel/Atlas issue. Frankenstein, bondage, GGA cover. Fat 52 pages!

Has some spine wear with small chip out at top. Corners and edges have a little wear. A few small creases. First 8 interior pages have a small corner cut just so very lightly affecting corners of panels. Still very readable. Supple interior pages. A real decent and affordable copy.

$90.

marveltales1.jpg

marveltales2.jpg

It really is dead in here. This one's to keep your spirits up Robot Man :takeit:

Doc Savage Pulp April 1941

Beautiful copy of this one. I never see pulps in this shape anymore out in my travels. Smooth, tight, square spine with full paper and nothing missing. This was trimmed at the printing plant thusly, no pesky overhang and no edge tears. Has a very light reading crease at spine top to bottom with no color break. Can only be seen when held at an angle to the light. No, tears, creasing or stains. Fresh, slightly yellowed paper and very supple. One of the better copies out there probably. Right outta my collection...

Was $100.   Now $85.

pulpdocsavageapril1941a.jpg

pulpdocsavageapril1941b.jpg

pulpdocsavageapril1941c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Action Comics #225 Feb 1957

Great Cesar's Ghost Superman is dead and Perry lost his cigar!

Nice, bright complete copy with no pieces missing. Has some slight corner and edge wear. Back cover and bottom of spine have  tiny tears. Some light spine bends that do not break color. Everything attached with nice interior paper.

Was $60.   Now $50.

action1.jpg

action2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man