• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Marvel Team-Up #1 a key?
4 4

151 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Who cares?

Wait..... I do.  :wink:

As to your question, who knows?  It's got a lot going for it: nice straight cover registration, staples right on the spine, clean and free of blemishes, and the old label from back when grading tended to be strict.  More than a few people look at old label books like this one as candidates with upgrading potential.  But it's also a time when some people are suffering economically.  Having just sold 79 ultra high grade picture frame Marvels at auction in March and April, I can tell you that the majority of comics of this genre are going for around or a bit under expected value based on recent past GPA recorded sales.  But a handful of the books made all-time GPA record highs.  

My approach when selling a slew of comics is to not sweat each individual sale, but look at how the aggregate perform against my expectation.  And the Team-Up #1 is just one of 78 BA picture frame Marvels that were consigned.

And I think the copy you bought from Blazingbob is a really nice one for the assigned grade.

Namisgr is the book up for auction yours?  If so I apologize for my post as I was not aware.  

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

Interesting side note to go along with @World Devourer awesome post: MTU #12 WWBN Team-Up appearance is Pre-WWBN#1 I believe.

Almost!

I am adding some WWBN information and other gems tonight. I just added a few more entries as there is some interesting trivia surrounding the early issues. A real work in progress but I think it will be a good read when finally complete.

29 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

MTU team up number one is a key because it is a #1 but there are boatloads upon boatloads of them 😷

You are correct but in high grade they are hard to find.  Here's the census as of today:

9.8 - 3

9.6 - 13

9.4 - 79

There are less than 100 graded copies in Near Mint condition.  There are 12,000 + copies graded in at least Near Mint for Amazing Spider Man #361.

Edited by raybowles

5 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

MTU team up number one is a key because it is a #1 but there are boatloads upon boatloads of them 😷

What makes #1s key? Are all #1s key?

21 hours ago, raybowles said:

You are correct but in high grade they are hard to find.  Here's the census as of today:

9.8 - 3

9.6 - 13

9.4 - 79

There are less than 100 graded copies in Near Mint condition.  There are 12,000 + copies graded in at least Near Mint for Amazing Spider Man #361.

Very true. The Golden State 9.8 #1 and a #4 in 9.8 were both purchased for $5K in 2002. They have yet to see the light. 

By the by, some more additions made to our MTU master list.

1 hour ago, World Devourer said:

Very true. The Golden State 9.8 #1 and a #4 in 9.8 were both purchased for $5K in 2002. They have yet to see the light. 

By the by, some more additions made to our MTU master list.

It's a little lost in the shuffle up there. You should quote it down when you update it so that your scholarship is not lost!