• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cat art
1 1

25 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Senormac said:

So lately, I've been busy self publishing my own book.  It takes up a lot of my time and attention.  My "room" has papers all over the place.  Besides having pages of work pinned to the walls there are piles of papers all around on the floor.  Piles of sketches. Piles of penciled pages. 

Piles of inked pages. Piles of --script pages for various characters. 

Piles of rewrites. Piles of pages with ideas, etc. etc. etc.  

This is my cat.  His name is Kaiju.  He is a Japanese giant monster cat.

926788582_catartcat.jpeg.881cd0a84f1a16faf4c150eb890bea34.jpeg

He is very affectionate. He likes to have his belly scratched while he stretches out on his back and purrs. 

He likes to purr.

And meow.  

He is very talkative. 

I guess I haven't been paying as much attention to him as I used to since I started work on my book.  

Did Kaiju get angry at me. 

No.  I think he decided to join in and make art as well. 

But y'know, he's a cat.  He has a different skill set.

He can't paint or draw.

He can't use a keyboard.

He is limited by the tools he has been given by the creator.

And while I was out,  at the market, or the post office, or where ever it was

He went in my "room" and made some art.

The thing is, he made it right on top of a print of the pencils for page 12.

That's the Henk and Frodo page.

I'm sure Kaiju just wanted to share his coloring prowess with me.

He really seems to do well with red.  

And grey black.

There are no colors in my book though.  It's a black and white. 

I wonder if he will be hurt when I tell him ? 

1788949287_catart.jpeg.6cd830180d74b7cdc6b77f69cce05d67.jpeg

He even left me the liver.  Or is it a heart ?  hm

I like Kaiju...he is a good cat...most species do lil things to show their soulmates they love them...Kaiju like most cats is showing you that he will hunt for you and provide for you...He is showing you not to worry the Creator will provide....I like Kaiju

9 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Curious if anyone has or has had a cat that reacts to things that aren't there. As if interacting with something that isn't there/is unseen?

Our neighbor's cat hangs out in our yard predominantly, basically to get away from the four kids in her "family" - they are screamers - who could blame her?

We call her "Hobbit" after the dumb, ear-wax digging hobbit off the Lord of the Rings movie, as she is dumbest cat we've ever been around. (Our cat we've nicknamed Lord Denethor…,)

We've finally broken down, and just feed Hobbit with our own cat, as we can relate to wanting to get away from the screamers next door.

Anyway, after eating, Hobbit rips all around the yard, bouncing and flouncing like Tigger, chasing imaginary things.  It is pretty entertaining to watch.

50 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
10 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Curious if anyone has or has had a cat that reacts to things that aren't there. As if interacting with something that isn't there/is unseen?

Our neighbor's cat hangs out in our yard predominantly, basically to get away from the four kids in her "family" - they are screamers - who could blame her?

We call her "Hobbit" after the dumb, ear-wax digging hobbit off the Lord of the Rings movie, as she is dumbest cat we've ever been around. (Our cat we've nicknamed Lord Denethor…,)

We've finally broken down, and just feed Hobbit with our own cat, as we can relate to wanting to get away from the screamers next door.

Anyway, after eating, Hobbit rips all around the yard, bouncing and flouncing like Tigger, chasing imaginary things.  It is pretty entertaining to watch.

Maybe the cat is not used to getting "real" cat food.  You may never see the end of it now.  

About seeing what's not there, well, any animal that can see in the dark is probably seeing something that WE can't see :smile:

Edited by Senormac

2 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Maybe the cat is not used to getting "real" cat food.  You may never see the end of it now.  

About seeing what's not there, well, any animal that can see in the dark is probably seeing something that WE can't see :smile:

Very true - we are hobbled by our five senses.  It is amazing how some critters have all those other senses we can't fathom.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Very true - we are hobbled by our five senses.  It is amazing how some critters have all those other senses we can't fathom.

Like 'common' you mean :)

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Hah !  They have more refined senses.  We have to make up for it with a bigger brain

2 minutes ago, Senormac said:
6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Hah !  They have more refined senses.  We have to make up for it with a bigger brain

Cat Fight GIF by Cindy046 | Gfycat

13 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Yep my cat does that all the time.

35 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
14 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Yep my cat does that all the time.

Farts are unseen, but they're definitely there :eek:

41362b7f052b1c34e9774e2c278397e6.gif.9963e0cbabd7d0ffcb8b3eb7492ef258.gif

14 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Cat Fight GIF by Cindy046 | Gfycat

That cat is going total Sugar Ray Leonard on her !!  lol

Cat's are awesome.  Here is the inked and lettered version of the page my cat worked his magic artistic powers on.  

It's page 12 of Spike #7 :whistle:

Spoiler

1684354076_zzzspikesbpage12words.thumb.jpg.da74a4a376cce48ed75a914bf555b8d8.jpg

16 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Our cat's like that too. It's like she's possessed- Eyes wide and totally black, meowing in another cat's deep voice. Trippy.