• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Printing ladels Paypal?
4 4

79 posts in this topic

Is it glitching out right now for folks? I can't get it to function. Won't calculate my postage or get to the printing stage. Weird. Yet I had just printed a lebron via ebay.

Edited by the blob
Kav

46 minutes ago, the blob said:

Is it glitching out right now for folks? I can't get it to function. Won't calculate my postage or get to the printing stage. Weird. Yet I had just printed a lable via ebay.

I just went to test through paypal.com/shipnow and encountered the same issue, it won't Calculate Shipping Cost or Confirm & Pay using Chrome browser but it does allow me to get shipping cost if I do it in Firefox browser.  I did not purchase and print to see if it worked because I didn't need the label.

19 minutes ago, electricprune said:

I’ve been unable to print from PayPal for about a week. When it goes to the page to calculate the fees, it does not populate the recipient’s address. There is an edit button to do it, but clicking it does nothing.

Odd, I was able to edit in both browsers.

1 hour ago, electricprune said:

I’ve been unable to print from PayPal for about a week. When it goes to the page to calculate the fees, it does not populate the recipient’s address. There is an edit button to do it, but clicking it does nothing.

same here

I use the newest version of explorer (Edge?) and the only problem I've had is "please try again later" and when I try again immediately, then it works.  I have done about 10 labels in the last 10 days, but no lables or labia or whatever.

Had this problem since Friday/Saturday morning.. The error message I received was "The Street and City entered in the address do not match. Kindly enter the correct address to proceed." I tried creating different labels to different valid address and tried multiple times yesterday and today. The best outcome was submitting a ticket to the tech team

41 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Had this problem since Friday/Saturday morning.. The error message I received was "The Street and City entered in the address do not match. Kindly enter the correct address to proceed." I tried creating different labels to different valid address and tried multiple times yesterday and today. The best outcome was submitting a ticket to the tech team

Use this problem as an opportunity to try something else.  Go to PirateShip.com and set yourself up in just a few minutes.  Even if you only use it temporarily, it can be a good backup for you, like having a spare tire or jumper cables in your car.  Always a good idea to have fallback plan.

1 hour ago, Lightning55 said:

Use this problem as an opportunity to try something else.  Go to PirateShip.com and set yourself up in just a few minutes.  Even if you only use it temporarily, it can be a good backup for you, like having a spare tire or jumper cables in your car.  Always a good idea to have fallback plan.

I'm going to use it.. it's concise and super easy to enter info in.. and the discounts are on par w being the lowest... so glad I saw your above post

just one question.. will the label say PirateShip on it? with the logo of the crossbones?

6 hours ago, littledoom said:

just one question.. will the label say PirateShip on it? with the logo of the crossbones?

No, the logo doesn't show up.  That would be cool, I think.  Although the postal service might not take kindly to it.

You can add a small custom message (text only) to labels called a "rubber stamp".  More info here: https://support.pirateship.com/en/articles/1804193-what-are-rubber-stamps-and-how-do-i-use-them

On 5/4/2020 at 5:30 AM, Lightning55 said:

No, the logo doesn't show up.  That would be cool, I think.  Although the postal service might not take kindly to it.

You can add a small custom message (text only) to labels called a "rubber stamp".  More info here: https://support.pirateship.com/en/articles/1804193-what-are-rubber-stamps-and-how-do-i-use-them

Pirate Ship has made my life so much easier.. I like how the page shows all the details after purchase.. It's very clear.. and it's extremely easy to schedule a pick up vs the tiresome task of entering all the info in the USPS website.

Glad it's helping you.  I like it because they don't mess with it too much.  EBay and PayPal like to 'change things up" a lot, which means a new learning curve each time.  Keeping it simple means ease of use, fewer clicks, and not having to hunt around for new locations of functions all the time.

7 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

I have not tried lately but I always sign in then paste this link and it works https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

This way won't auto-fill the information for you

Yes, PayPal Ship Now can be used, if the site itself is ok and working. 

There are some disadvantages that it has from Pirate Ship.  It won't auto-fill the address, as you mentioned.  If not a sale routed through from a marketplace, Pirate Ship won't either.  But as soon as you enter the name, choices show up in the address bar, like in a GPS.  So usually one is the correct one, and you select it.  The rest of the info goes right in, pretty fast, less typing. 

PayPal does not support Regional packaging, if you use that. 

PayPal only offers USPS insurance, and at counter rates.  Pirate Ship has insurance available at 80 cents per $100.  Not many people use insurance anymore, but if it's a $400 item, I'm using it. 

Got a damaged shipment in the other day, $1000 total value, no insurance.  The seller offered $200 to compensate, and I accepted that because it was the right number for the damage.  Insurance for the whole package through Pirate Ship would have been only $8.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:45 AM, Lightning55 said:

Why depend on anyone who does shipping as a sideline?

PirateShip's pricing is higher than eBay or PayPal if you do enough business to get a shipping discount.  I wouldn't consider myself one of the bigger guys, but my last shipment is $7.23 (Priority Legal Flat Rate) or $8.65 (Regional Box A) on eBay versus $7.45/$8.92 on PirateShip.  If you're selling low margin, single issue comics this way, every penny counts.

If you didn't realize, eBay drives significant revenue through their own shipping program.  This is also the reason they can provide a higher discount, as they have much higher volume than a PirateShip can produce.

On 5/3/2020 at 11:44 PM, Lightning55 said:

Even if you only use it temporarily, it can be a good backup for you, like having a spare tire or jumper cables in your car.

This I can agree with.  Then again, there would have to be a significant outage, as service is usually restored within a couple of hours if one can wait.

@masterlogan2000 It is true that eBay's prices for the specific services you mention are slightly lower than Pirate Ship.  I ship mostly by media, about 95%.  Prices are the same, so not a factor.  On a typical day, maybe one of my purchases would be cheaper on eBay, but not worth shifting back to do 1. 

Also, I have no love for eBay, and will take money away from their greedy clutches every chance I get.  I will even pay slightly more elsewhere (like your examples of an extra quarter here and there), just to deprive them of any of my money that would normally drift their way.  To be free of their constant changes, probably pay double the difference.  I send some expensive stuff, so I make it up with Pirate Ship's much lower insurance.  MORE than makes up the difference, so it's cheaper overall for my purposes.

There is no one-size-fits-all system, so it's good that there are choices.  In any given week, I use Pirate Ship, PayPal, AND eBay.  Pirate Ship has become my main interface, but sometimes it doesn't matter.