• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Happy Accident - Mystery Solved About Art I've Owned For 3+ Years!

10 posts in this topic

FYI, on further thought... the published BBDO book was in 2009, the same year as the Ultimatum books.  So it seems reasonable that the page WAS originally intended for the unpublished BBDO book, but when that book was scrapped, because it’s so awesome it was integrated into the Requiem book (which does have a few fantastic splashes) towards the back during JJJ’s “essay.”  That would explain the notations on the top, I guess.

Anyway,  that’s all I’ve got! 

33 minutes ago, grapeape said:

You were happy before but I think this adds a meaningful extra layer of joy from the discovery.

100%.  The strangest part was stumbling upon a page I owned.   That’s what was such an odd feeling.  Hard to describe!  In the beginning, I was trying to suss out if it was a published page or not, so I posted here, I did research, etc.  So if I’d found it then, it would have been satisfying.  But this isn’t that. This was surprising in a ... delightful way.  

33 minutes ago, fmaz said:

100%.  The strangest part was stumbling upon a page I owned.   That’s what was such an odd feeling.  Hard to describe!  In the beginning, I was trying to suss out if it was a published page or not, so I posted here, I did research, etc.  So if I’d found it then, it would have been satisfying.  But this isn’t that. This was surprising in a ... delightful way.  

I get it 👍

Enjoy

44 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

This must feel super fun.  The closest I've gotten is seeing OA I own in literature about an artist.  But your case is a bit more needle-in-haystack level!

Oh that's actually VERY cool in a whole different kind of way! Must be some kind of page! Congrats!