• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Incredible Hulk
3 3

321 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2020 at 1:47 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’m jealous of your 9.8.  This is my copy from when I was a kid.  I had a mail subscription with Marvel at the time.  After a year I was fed up because the comics would arrive damaged.  I’ve noticed this issue isn’t cheap these days with the new She Hulk show coming out soon. 

Sorry to hear about this experience not going well but you just made me remember how many cool and totally awesome "things" you could get in the mail during this time period. Sears catalog was Amazon before Amazon.

I remember in particular sending away with a grocery list of specific #s that I needed in order to my complete my various sticker book collections. I vividly recall the night in haste, maybe a decade ago or so, I had recently moved and found out I was going to be moving again. I had been lugging around so much stuff and in my sleep deprived state late at night just started chucking things to lighten up my inventory. Unfortunately I dumped all of my early 80s completed run sticker books i.e. NFL, MLB, some non-sports too. Really dumb move in hindsight. Luckily I still have all of my OO non-sports trading cards from the 70s/80s (thousands of them)

8 hours ago, astrometric said:

Sorry to hear about this experience not going well but you just made me remember how many cool and totally awesome "things" you could get in the mail during this time period. Sears catalog was Amazon before Amazon.

I remember in particular sending away with a grocery list of specific #s that I needed in order to my complete my various sticker book collections. I vividly recall the night in haste, maybe a decade ago or so, I had recently moved and found out I was going to be moving again. I had been lugging around so much stuff and in my sleep deprived state late at night just started chucking things to lighten up my inventory. Unfortunately I dumped all of my early 80s completed run sticker books i.e. NFL, MLB, some non-sports too. Really dumb move in hindsight. Luckily I still have all of my OO non-sports trading cards from the 70s/80s (thousands of them)

Good memories for me too. Thanks @astrometric 

On 11/16/2020 at 1:47 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’m jealous of your 9.8.  This is my copy from when I was a kid.  I had a mail subscription with Marvel at the time.  After a year I was fed up because the comics would arrive damaged.  I’ve noticed this issue isn’t cheap these days with the new She Hulk show coming out soon. 

Thanks @Jasonmorris1000000  I also received a lot of my comics through the mail, some damaged too. Still remember getting excited to see them in the mailbox. :cloud9:

On 11/5/2020 at 2:55 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I always loved the U.F.O.s and thought their origin was great.  One of these days I want to buy a graded 9.8 for sentimental reasons.  I don't think it would be too much because no one really gives a (bleep) about the UFOs I bet.

1 Incredible Hulk #254.jpg

The Facsimile Four!!!  :wink:

17 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

Finally pulled the Manitoba Hulk 197 today - certificate graded as a 9.0

Nice gloss on the cover & accurately graded. Page quality is nice, as you knew.

IMG_7210.JPG

Sweet. Hard to imagine Wolverine was 18 months old when this came out. 

On 11/25/2020 at 8:31 AM, namisgr said:

I always liked this issue.  A real clash of Marvel Universe titans, and a cool color palate on the cover.

image.png.303bee48d8e080ffcd92d414e45c1f8a.png

I've had my eye out for a nice copy of this issue for a while and they seem few and far between. Saw one on Ebay recently that I should have snagged as I thought it was under graded and already priced nice, but got distracted and it was gone.

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

Sweet. Hard to imagine Wolverine was 18 months old when this came out. 

I wonder what the cover of Hulk 181 would have looked like if Wrightson had drawn it!?

And I could almost see it happening with the Wendigo horror aspect. Throw in a wild Hulk & some crazy Canadian with claws popping out of his hands & there you go!

Would Hulk 181 have even more demand?

12 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

I wonder what the cover of Hulk 181 would have looked like if Wrightson had drawn it!?

And I could almost see it happening with the Wendigo horror aspect. Throw in a wild Hulk & some crazy Canadian with claws popping out of his hands & there you go!

Would Hulk 181 have even more demand?

Look at the demand 197 has compared to the issues around it. His only published work on the title.